Car: 42045   By: DiRF   Comment: "https://i.imgur.com/PwnMf7O.gifv..."
Car: 42045   By: Obsidian   Comment: "Come now - that's just tragic. I would hope the bi..."
Car: 42045   By: Skid   Comment: "Counterpoint: http://imcdb.org/vehicle_113306-Plym..."
Car: 42045   By: wannabemustangjockey   Comment: "I dunno, the Freetown Pacer and Tennessee State Tr..."
Car: 42045   By: Obsidian   Comment: "Probably because the first generation Ford Taurus ..."

Submitted on: 09-15-2004
View Stats Category: Other Vehicle
Can't believe I didn't do this sooner...oh well. Here are some pictures (3 to be exact) of my father's vehicles.

Finally, my dad's '72 Beemer R60/5, with me looking goofy on it. (pic was taken more than 5 years ago)

9-15-2004 @ 10:12:43 PM
One really neat thing about this bike is the "toaster" tank, which was a rather rare option. Really makes it stand out from other Beemers of the era.

...and that windshield/fairing was originally meant for a '70s Honda 600... but my dad made a few custom brackets, and moved the turn signals to make it fit (he did all this in the late '70s, so it's not like he was ruining a 'classic' at the time).

9-15-2004 @ 10:14:35 PM
Posted By : Adambomb Reply | Edit | Del
this reminds me....I used to think the song "he's got a fever" was about some guy's BMW motorcycle

4-20-2005 @ 01:33:21 PM
My own father used to have a BMW motorcycle similar to this one, but it didn't have that windshield.

#2, Fever....heh. Coincidence?

4-24-2006 @ 03:23:59 PM
#3, Like I said, the windshield on this bike is a bit odd, since it was specifically designed for an entirely different motorcycle.

Also, forgot to mention, my father also built brackets so that handlebars were actually about 5 inches further back than normal, so he could sit further back in the seat in more of a "cruiser" style. (He said that the way he would cruise on this bike in the '70s was extremely comofortable. Way back in the seat, and he'd put his feet up on top of the crashbars in front of the engine.)

Server time: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 11:36:58 AM