Car: 96662   By: Skid   Comment: "Beat to shit, and a V6 model to boot. But I actual..."
Car: 42045   By: DiRF   Comment: "https://i.imgur.com/PwnMf7O.gifv..."
Car: 42045   By: Obsidian   Comment: "Come now - that's just tragic. I would hope the bi..."
Car: 42045   By: Skid   Comment: "Counterpoint: http://imcdb.org/vehicle_113306-Plym..."
Car: 42045   By: wannabemustangjockey   Comment: "I dunno, the Freetown Pacer and Tennessee State Tr..."

Submitted on: 12-03-2005
View Stats Category: Off-topic
Well, our 7' tall fake Christmas tree fell on top of me.. fully decorated... there was plastic pine needles and broken ornaments everywhere... after all the time I spent helping clean it up, I gotta make myself laugh...

...but the fact of the matter is now we have to get a whole new fucking Christmas tree, 'cause now our current one's stand, stump, and pole are all fucked up.

12-03-2005 @ 09:24:40 PM
Posted By : Altima35se2003 Reply | Edit | Del
it's dec 3rd!!!!! Christmas tree vendors arent even out yet!!!! It's too early

12-03-2005 @ 09:26:15 PM
#1, We don't get REAL trees... they're too much of a hassle... though, after today's events, I wouldn't say the fake ones are a walk in the park either...

This tree we've had for almost 10 years... it replaced a tree that my family had been using for 15 years.

12-03-2005 @ 09:31:29 PM
Posted By : Altima35se2003 Reply | Edit | Del
#2, i was surprized about the earliness of the erection

12-03-2005 @ 09:33:49 PM
Posted By : Adambomb Reply | Edit | Del
#1, We put ours up on the 1st.
#3, that's what SHE said.

[Edited by Adambomb on 12-03-2005 @ 09:34:25 PM]

12-03-2005 @ 09:58:05 PM
#3, My family always puts the tree up the day after Thanksgiving... I was just picking up a few of the plastic pine needles that had come off, then I head a creaking noise, next thing I know my face is full of prickly plastic greenness.

12-03-2005 @ 10:15:44 PM
#5, sucks. Anything major happen?

12-03-2005 @ 10:40:35 PM
Posted By : Subourbon187 Reply | Edit | Del
#5, Hahahahaha! I have one of those fake trees too, I'm trying to avoid putting it up though. Personally I could care less if we have a tree or not.

12-04-2005 @ 10:44:10 AM
#6, One destroyed string of lights, about 10 broken ornaments, and those plastic pine needles everywhere... Now our Christmas tree is in our courtyard, ready to be taken out to the curb Tues. to be picked up as garbage.

My mom acted fast, we now have a new fake tree... it's a really small one (well, relatively... it's 6 feet tall, but it's really narrow, our previous tree being 7 feet tall and almost three times as wide), and it was really cheap... our plan is to get a REALLY nice one the day after Christmas at a huge discount, to use for next year.

12-04-2005 @ 10:47:03 AM
#8, suck. At least nuttin happened to you. Hopefully the ornaments weren't keepsakes.

12-04-2005 @ 10:49:10 AM
#9, Luckily, only two of the ones that broke were sentimental... the other 8 were pre-fabricated ornaments that were bought in a pack.

12-04-2005 @ 10:52:13 AM
#10, can you repair the br0ken sentimental ones?

12-04-2005 @ 11:45:15 AM
Posted By : Subourbon187 Reply | Edit | Del
#11, With a lot of tears and glue :p

It took me three hours to put together that damn tree last year, I don't know how your guy's work but mine is basically just a big pole with little openings arranged in circles where you have to snap in each individual branch, and there are well over a hundred of them. I'd spend a half an hour to finish one circle of branches and then realize I'd used the wrong sized branches. And after I finished my rage dance I'd have to cool off and take em all out and put em back in somewhere else...

12-04-2005 @ 11:48:06 AM
#11, Probably not. I don't have that kind of patience.

12-04-2005 @ 01:56:38 PM
Posted By : 454Nova Reply | Edit | Del
Since we're on the subject.... I too spent hours getting the 'fake' tree looking just right. Last year I bought 2 unpainted ornaments for us to paint (my girlfriend and I), and we just painted them this year.
I did the one on the left.

12-04-2005 @ 01:58:08 PM
#13, :-( Those ornaments look good 454Nova

12-04-2005 @ 02:03:12 PM
Posted By : Adambomb Reply | Edit | Del
We haven't had a real tree since ought-two. We now have one that's a metal frame and you stick fake braches on it. A couple times we've had tree fall down. One year I got a present to go to the Lizzie Borden bed and breakfast (a short 10 minute drive) and stay the night. My dad got on the couch and pretended he was MR Borden and my mom Mrs borden and when we got back the tree was down. we think Lizzie did it.

Server time: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 05:12:59 AM