Car: 87847   By: DiRF   Comment: "My brain is currently ping-ponging between two son..."
Car: 87847   By: Low-Tech Redneck   Comment: "Er, round I mean, ROUND...."
Car: 87847   By: Low-Tech Redneck   Comment: "Is the steering wheel square? If yes - Japanese if..."
Car: 87847   By: Obsidian   Comment: "Considering how Datsun made it - it looks more lik..."
Car: 48539   By: wannabemustangjockey   Comment: "That moment when you go into the drive thru the wr..."

Submitted by: Driven_out
Submitted on: 01-18-2007
Black Celebrity Eurosport VR

Comments

1-18-2007 @ 06:58:30 PM
Posted By : 89Rettagt Reply | Edit | Del
zzz *snore*.......

1-18-2007 @ 09:57:05 PM
Posted By : Adambomb Reply | Edit | Del
DIBS!

#1, screw you

1-19-2007 @ 01:28:06 AM
Posted By : Subourbon187 Reply | Edit | Del
For a bland as paste mid 80s underpowered Chevy sedan, it doesn't look bad.

1-19-2007 @ 01:32:03 AM
Posted By : 89Rettagt Reply | Edit | Del
#2, zzzzz *** huh? wha? AHHHHH!!! SPIDERS!!! ***zzzz....

1-11-2008 @ 06:40:25 PM
Posted By : Adambomb Reply | Edit | Del
Nearest I can tell, they only made about 1,621 of these. Don't believe I've ever seen one IRL.

[Edited by Adambomb on 1-11-2008 @ 06:40:44 PM]

12-21-2013 @ 06:38:04 PM
I'm sorry, I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this, but I personally think most of Chevy's FWD lineup in the '80s and '90s was an embarrassment... the Citation, Celebrity, Corsica, Lumina, Beretta, and [FWD] Monte Carlo... unimaginative, compromised, bean-counter-driven designs... extremely forgettable... no matter HOW they tried dressing them up in cladding and squeezing more horsepower out of their dated drivetrains.

I don't include the Cavalier in this, because, despite looking and feeling cheap, that was the whole point, it WAS cheap... the higher-tier cars in Chevy's lineup should have been better, but they weren't, despite costing the same as much better quality midsizers from other brands...

When the FWD Impala and FWD Malibu came around, things started changing, and I think they're finally producing fine, competitive FWD family vehicles. We can probably thank Bob Lutz for that.

*cough* and, actually, I'm not just including Chevrolet in this... all of GM was infected.

[Edited by DiRF on 12-21-2013 @ 06:52:09 PM]

12-21-2013 @ 08:17:20 PM
Posted By : Adambomb Reply | Edit | Del
#6, I've always found the original FWD Malibu to be a boring generic car, or actually all of them until the current model, not like their competition was all that exciting, mind you.

12-22-2013 @ 03:44:44 AM
#6, For the most part, this is true, at least of the base models....I think some of the available packages (like this one) are pretty stylish and interesting, and some of the models performed pretty damn well, too.

12-22-2013 @ 01:44:57 PM
#8, I like the Eurosport, the Euro, and other performance editions/body styling. For instance, I'd much rather have Beretta GTZ versus a regular Beretta. Ditto a Ciera XC versus a regular Ciera.

Server time: Monday, December 18, 2017 11:47:32 AM