Car: 26099   By: DiRF   Comment: "F-450? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv8fAZ62R48..."
Car: 96552   By: DiRF   Comment: "Jaaaack Frost roasting on an open fire... chestnut..."
Car: 26099   By: wannabemustangjockey   Comment: "I have a friend whose dream vehicle is a new F-450..."
Car: 96552   By: wannabemustangjockey   Comment: ""Oh boy oh boy oh buddy boy! Arbor Day, Christmas ..."
Car: 96552   By: DiRF   Comment: "Happy Arbor Day [/Captain Ed Mercer]..."

Submitted on: 05-24-2007
View Stats Category: Vehicle Misc
Hudsons.

Comments

5-24-2007 @ 10:15:26 PM
Knew Doc would be in there somewhere.

5-24-2007 @ 10:21:26 PM
How is that 1:18 scale Hudson, anyway? They sell two of them, and I've kicked around the idea of getting one (since it's basically the closest thing to a 1:18 American Motors die-cast that I can find).

5-24-2007 @ 10:23:46 PM
Posted By : Adambomb Reply | Edit | Del
#2, I have a 1:18 AMX.

5-24-2007 @ 10:26:11 PM
#3, me too. green?

5-24-2007 @ 10:28:05 PM
Posted By : Adambomb Reply | Edit | Del
Aye.

5-24-2007 @ 10:30:14 PM
#3, Isn't made by one of the shittier companies, though, like Ertl or YatMing?

5-24-2007 @ 10:31:31 PM
Posted By : Adambomb Reply | Edit | Del
Ertl

I actually like Yatming's 1:18 line, tho. Their Mercury Marauder looks nice (plus I've never seen another diecast early-60s Mercury)

[Edited by Adambomb on 5-24-2007 @ 10:34:13 PM]

5-24-2007 @ 10:34:28 PM
#7, How's the quality of the AMX? Single-hinged, swing out doors? One color molded engine? Any interior detail?

5-24-2007 @ 10:35:35 PM
#8, swing out doors, yes, not too sure on the engine, mine's in Lawrence.

5-24-2007 @ 10:39:11 PM
Posted By : Adambomb Reply | Edit | Del
Block is blue with black piping and an air cleaner with AMX 390 lettering. Doors appear to be single-hinged. The interior is molded in one color on mine (brown) with just a few chrome accents.

[Edited by Adambomb on 5-24-2007 @ 10:40:41 PM]

5-24-2007 @ 10:41:21 PM
#10, seems we have the same one. Mine is green with white stripes.

5-24-2007 @ 10:42:53 PM
After looking at some pictures of Ertl's '68 AMX on EBAY, I'm not too thrilled with the overall look. Better than I expected, though.

5-24-2007 @ 10:47:07 PM
#7, Those Marauders DO look cool. It's about time someone started modeling some of the semi-obscure, early '60s performance cars. It's a nice change from the typical Camaro/Mustang/Charger stew.

On a slightly different subject, does anyone own any Highway 61 models? I've been looking at photos of their stuff, and it look pretty good, detail-wise. The prices aren't bad, either.

5-24-2007 @ 10:48:16 PM
#13, I have an Arnie Beswick GTO, and a Chevy truck. excellent detail. I like them. Both were given as gifts. :)

5-25-2007 @ 11:24:23 AM
Posted By : Adambomb Reply | Edit | Del
#13, I have the giant Chevy flatbed.

[Edited by Adambomb on 5-25-2007 @ 11:25:07 AM]

5-25-2007 @ 11:29:49 AM
Uh, I'm pretty sure this Hudson is a Highway 61 diecast... though I can't seem to find the diecast manufacturer's logo on the underside...

It's a beautifully detailled diecast... the engine looks awesome (and the hood has folding support braces), the interior is awesome (even has aviation-style seat-belts just like real stock cars of the era) and a carpeted trunk (but the spare tire is missing... either it came like that since race cars obviously didn't race with their spare on board, or it could be because I bought this diecast used and "loose")... one other neat thing, the driveshaft spins with the rear wheels, just like my Action Elite and Team Caliber Owner's models.

5-25-2007 @ 11:44:48 AM
Posted By : 427 Vette Reply | Edit | Del
Yeah, the 1/18 Hudson is made by Highway 61. I believe they also make a convertible.

Speaking of Highway 61, this is nice:

10-27-2007 @ 05:00:36 PM
I now own a Highway 61 Dodge Dart GTS. I'm very pleased with it. The quality is about as good as my AutoArt Mach 1. The rotating drive shaft knda caught me off guard. :)

Dunno what I'll get next. Probably an AutoArt or Kyosho European car from the 1980s. BMW E30 M3, 635CSi, Ford Sierra Cosworth, Lotus Cortina, Ferrari F40. Hell if I can decide. An '80s vintage Lotus Espirit Turbo would also be sweet.

Server time: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 10:42:12 PM