Car: 96235   By: Adambomb   Comment: "Well that's shit...."
Car: 33716   By: Skid   Comment: "One of the top comments: "Wiseau serious?" I'm d..."
Car: 33716   By: wannabemustangjockey   Comment: "...And introducing Tommy Wiseau as the Joker https..."
Car: 42045   By: DiRF   Comment: "I still never understood why no 3rd party supplier..."
Car: 96657   By: Skid   Comment: "Definitely looks like a third gen under there...."

This image has expired.

Final Stats:

Total Votes 0
Average Score 0.00
Verdict Good

Submitted by: Sensekhmet
Submitted on: 07-14-2007
View Stats Category: Vehicle Misc
For StillRuns: pictures of my car falling apart. More decay and putrefaction shots in comments. Freak.

7-14-2007 @ 05:39:01 AM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del

7-14-2007 @ 05:42:53 AM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
As you can see, the whole underside is weakened by rust, the question is: what will collapse first? I think the stuff to go first will be rear suspension mounting points of the driver's/passenger's floor panels.
The photos were taken in April, last I checked, holes appeared in the front jack strongpoints and the tin worm is spreading quickly in other areas (for example: I tried to hook the luggage rope in the trunk and the flimsy alloy hook pierced right through the body).

7-14-2007 @ 11:53:53 AM
Posted By : Disrupture Reply | Edit | Del
Ain't no Stillruns subject, I've seen tons worse. The real problem is that you use your daily driver as a "rally car".

7-14-2007 @ 12:16:54 PM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
#3, Why? I didn't even put a scratch on either of my cars yet (well, I almost rolled one... and the oil leak in this one is semi-rally in origin). The fact that totally brings me down, is that there's no single hole/rust spot to weld and be done with, everything is contaminated.

7-14-2007 @ 04:08:15 PM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
Come on StillRuns, comment on those pics. You wouldn't believe just how hard it was for me to even upload them, let alone post them...ack.

7-14-2007 @ 11:40:17 PM
Posted By : Subourbon187 Reply | Edit | Del
I could imagine a scenario like in some Looney Tunes sketch where Sens is driving his Frog and suddenly the bumpers and various panels start to fall off, then the glass, then the seats and undercarriage until all that's left is a platform with wheels and a Polish guy holding a steering wheel.

7-14-2007 @ 11:49:43 PM
Posted By : moparman Reply | Edit | Del
You should have seen my volare when it was on the road. I could actully pull off pieces of what was supposed to be frame. And I drove it like that for about a year, untill I could get another car.

7-15-2007 @ 09:25:12 AM
Posted By : Adambomb Reply | Edit | Del
Might as well advertise this

[Edited by Adambomb on 7-15-2007 @ 09:25:28 AM]

7-15-2007 @ 11:09:42 AM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
#7, I think I'll own this for a year max, too. As I said before, it will either brake in half while jacked up or while cornering at 100kph... I'd prefer to get rid of it a bit earlier.

7-15-2007 @ 11:10:30 AM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
#6, Not this one, but the previous Frog was actually loosing parts while driving: pieces of trim, wipers...

8-17-2007 @ 05:01:52 AM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
The work finally started, hopefully today new rocker panels wil be welded in. I'm picking up new fenders today too.

4-06-2008 @ 06:36:10 AM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
#11, It ended up with new rocker panels, front floor, front fenders and everything back from the rear seat was cut off and rebuilt from scratch (rear subframe, suspension mounting points, trunk floor...). What a couple of idiots me and my dad were.

Server time: Monday, March 19, 2018 03:11:31 AM