Car: 64526   By: DiRF   Comment: "*wandering through Wally*World toy car aisle* Ho-..."
Car: 90281   By: Low-Tech Redneck   Comment: "Sounds like an Onion headline - "Auto press decri..."
Car: 71658   By: ricerocketboy   Comment: "LOL yep...."
Car: 71658   By: Skid   Comment: "I assume you meant to post that in 90281...."
Car: 71658   By: ricerocketboy   Comment: "Probably why the C-Max didn't sell well. Ditto the..."

This image has expired.

Final Stats:

Total Votes 7
Average Score 1.29
Verdict Not Rice

Submitted by: wannabemustangjockey
Submitted on: 01-14-2008
Jaguar X-Type estate. I like these.

Comments

1-14-2008 @ 09:11:23 AM
Saw one at a movie theatre a few weeks ago... I do love these so, especially now that I've seen one in person.

1-14-2008 @ 11:58:45 AM
Posted By : Adambomb Reply | Edit | Del
They're pretty good looking.

reminds me of the previous gen Volvo V40, or perhaps an old Audi A4 wagon.

12-04-2013 @ 05:43:40 AM
I still don't "get" all the hate that the X-Type gets... I still think it was a fine-looking small-midsize saloon and estate... hell, MUCH better-looking than the S-Type.

Oh, boo-hoo, it was on the same platform as the Ford Mondeo... the same Mondeo that constantly got praise for being a beautiful handling family sedan with an extremely well-sorted chassis? That was a bad car to use as a basis?

If I dare be so bold as to say... I think the styling was better than the 2004-2009 XJ large sedan... never quite liked the styling on that. It looked like it was TRYING to look like an older XJ, but with worse proportions.

12-04-2013 @ 10:32:31 PM
#3, I think the X-Type's only real sore point was the price... it wasn't really a $40k car. Personally I don't think most $40k cars are worth that much. I loved the X-Type R concept. It's kind of a shame they didn't produce it.
Selective outrage over platform sharing amuses me, when you consider how many Audis are based on VW platforms and yet people don't complain about that.

12-04-2013 @ 11:00:34 PM