Car: 96235   By: Adambomb   Comment: "Well that's shit...."
Car: 33716   By: Skid   Comment: "One of the top comments: "Wiseau serious?" I'm d..."
Car: 33716   By: wannabemustangjockey   Comment: "...And introducing Tommy Wiseau as the Joker https..."
Car: 42045   By: DiRF   Comment: "I still never understood why no 3rd party supplier..."
Car: 96657   By: Skid   Comment: "Definitely looks like a third gen under there...."

Submitted by: Low-Tech Redneck
Submitted on: 05-14-2009
View Stats Category: Vehicle Misc
Chevy Camaro, after thieves stole the rims off it in the middle of the night. There's more to the story, but I'll surprise you with it later.

1 2 ]

5-14-2009 @ 04:18:05 AM
And no, the secret is NOT that I was the thief

5-14-2009 @ 09:31:03 AM
Don't you have a 3rd-gen Camaro similar to this?

5-14-2009 @ 10:59:02 AM
did it have 22s?

5-14-2009 @ 12:01:29 PM
Rusty brake rotors, ahoy!

5-14-2009 @ 12:28:17 PM
#2, We have a 86' w/ T Tops that dad picked up along the way as a project, but it only has a six and needs a lot of interior work

5-14-2009 @ 12:59:35 PM
#5, What ever happened to the '87 and '84 listed in your profile?

5-14-2009 @ 03:00:04 PM
The 87' is the garage-kept IROC Z28, the 84' was junked as it was really a pile but we only picked it up for a chassis for a build that never happened. The 86' was bought for my brother to work on, but he enrolled in school so it's just been sitting, that's the one we have now that actualy runs and probably would pass inspection, but needs interior work as the door panels and headliner are all in very rough shape.

5-15-2009 @ 11:38:01 PM

Threw some rims on it so they won't have it towed away, might as well let you in on the secret, I just bought the car for $500 because the rim theft was the final straw for the owner who hasn't had the time/money to run it for at least a year now.

5-16-2009 @ 12:01:29 AM
#8, So in reference to post #1, your secret IS that you were the thief....you didn't steal the rims, you stole this whole car at that price. It looks good in the pictures.

It has tri-slots above the grille with blacked out headlight buckets and what appears to be an external third brake light on the hatch. So I'm guessing it's a 1986 Berlinetta, correct?

5-16-2009 @ 12:11:40 AM
This could help people out... http://www.rideroom.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4973

5-16-2009 @ 12:37:30 AM
#10, '83, really? I'm guessing not all the body components are original.

5-16-2009 @ 12:58:07 AM
Time to look for a cheap old Ferrari to swap engines between them. Or something.

5-16-2009 @ 05:02:47 AM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
#12, Old Ferrari engine... hmmm. Perhaps an ex-F1 3.5l V12? XD

5-16-2009 @ 07:13:10 AM
Posted By : 454Nova Reply | Edit | Del
#10, i followed the link and realized I havnt been to RIDEROOM since I created my account. Just for good measure I posted on that thread! Maybe I'll pay more attention in the future.

5-16-2009 @ 10:04:06 AM
Posted By : Edaw 0 Reply | Edit | Del
#12, Even better, a certain 944 needs to lose it's motor.

5-16-2009 @ 05:37:00 PM
#11, They guy could just be wrong too, it's a 3rd gen, so the year is more-or-less academic. When I get the title I'll know what year it is for sure

5-25-2009 @ 02:08:14 AM
Well, turned out the previous owner didn't even know what year it was, but it wasn't even titled in his name, it was titled in his Mom's name, so when I went down to AAA to get the title I learned it was an 88', either way, in very nice shape. Had it towed home because I couldn't get it to start, it would crank, had fuel and spark, but something is amiss in the carb because it just won't fire up unless you pour gas directly down the bowl and then it only runs for like a half second until it expends that....

5-25-2009 @ 02:28:34 AM
#17, I didn't even know they still made carbed Camaros in 1988. Wikipedia says all '88 engines were fuel-injected from the factory.

5-25-2009 @ 02:34:05 AM
#18, This having an aftermarket 350 might have something to do with it.

5-25-2009 @ 02:41:02 AM
#19, Aha, that's what I missed in the Rideroom post. Seeing as I generally don't pay attention to the Rideroom forums even though there's a link to it in this thread and I clicked it over a week ago.

1 2 ]