Car: 87317   By: Obsidian   Comment: "[detective obs]I took one look at that DVD collection..."
Car: 87317   By: DiRF   Comment: "I do NOT own a co-- *glances over to shelves* ...I..."
Car: 87317   By: Obsidian   Comment: "- Was heavily promoted as being edgier and harder ..."
Car: 87317   By: DiRF   Comment: "I can hear the twangy, up-swept guitar riff in my ..."
Car: 87317   By: ricerocketboy   Comment: "Thunder Ranch sounds like a bad Walker, Texas Rang..."

Submitted on: 01-11-2010
View Stats Category: Photoshop/Art
...the Edge's front fascia kinda reminds me of the Aerostar, so I whipped this up...

Comments

1-12-2010 @ 09:22:23 AM
I can really see a new gen Aerostar in this....just add more modern-looking alloy wheels, add more aerodynamic side mirrors, paint over the plastic trim, and put LED taillights on the back.

1-12-2010 @ 11:12:20 AM
#1, It is conceivable the Aerostar might have been able to remain in production, if Ford were willing to update the safety equipment... the chassis it was built on is still in production (Ranger)... and it's a solid aesthetic design, could have kept it updated, just like you said.

1-12-2010 @ 11:39:15 AM
Posted By : Adambomb Reply | Edit | Del
Hope the Chinese don't see this :P

1-12-2010 @ 11:51:32 AM
#3, If the Chinese want to copy the Aerostar, but update the aesthetics and powertrain, I don't think I, personally, would mind... it's still a decent looking van, and still immensely practical...

...just like I really don't have a problem with Great Wall's Coolbear, which is a total copy of the excellent first-gen Scion xB (it's closer to the xB than original bB)... the second-gen xB was an American-designed bloated shell of its former self... the fact that the first one is still in production, albeit, in a copied unlicensed form, is fine by me.

1-12-2010 @ 12:08:27 PM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
#4, You forget how shitty Chinese materials and manufacture processes are. I swear, a Chinese plastic spoon warped when I put it into the instant soup it was attached to.

Server time: Thursday, July 19, 2018 05:49:00 AM