Car: 81412   By: ricerocketboy   Comment: "NSU Prinz too...."
Car: 81412   By: DiRF   Comment: "I can see where you're coming from in regards to t..."
Car: 81412   By: Skid   Comment: "It does bring to mind a two-door version of the la..."
Car: 81412   By: DiRF   Comment: "That is incredibly... British-looking for a BMW......"
Car: 87080   By: Low-Tech Redneck   Comment: "Push down, pull it back, and watch it go right up ..."

Submitted on: 01-11-2010
View Stats Category: Photoshop/Art
...the Edge's front fascia kinda reminds me of the Aerostar, so I whipped this up...

Comments

1-12-2010 @ 09:22:23 AM
I can really see a new gen Aerostar in this....just add more modern-looking alloy wheels, add more aerodynamic side mirrors, paint over the plastic trim, and put LED taillights on the back.

1-12-2010 @ 11:12:20 AM
#1, It is conceivable the Aerostar might have been able to remain in production, if Ford were willing to update the safety equipment... the chassis it was built on is still in production (Ranger)... and it's a solid aesthetic design, could have kept it updated, just like you said.

1-12-2010 @ 11:39:15 AM
Posted By : Adambomb Reply | Edit | Del
Hope the Chinese don't see this :P

1-12-2010 @ 11:51:32 AM
#3, If the Chinese want to copy the Aerostar, but update the aesthetics and powertrain, I don't think I, personally, would mind... it's still a decent looking van, and still immensely practical...

...just like I really don't have a problem with Great Wall's Coolbear, which is a total copy of the excellent first-gen Scion xB (it's closer to the xB than original bB)... the second-gen xB was an American-designed bloated shell of its former self... the fact that the first one is still in production, albeit, in a copied unlicensed form, is fine by me.

1-12-2010 @ 12:08:27 PM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
#4, You forget how shitty Chinese materials and manufacture processes are. I swear, a Chinese plastic spoon warped when I put it into the instant soup it was attached to.

Server time: Friday, October 20, 2017 10:34:14 AM