Car: 96235   By: Adambomb   Comment: "Well that's shit...."
Car: 33716   By: Skid   Comment: "One of the top comments: "Wiseau serious?" I'm d..."
Car: 33716   By: wannabemustangjockey   Comment: "...And introducing Tommy Wiseau as the Joker https..."
Car: 42045   By: DiRF   Comment: "I still never understood why no 3rd party supplier..."
Car: 96657   By: Skid   Comment: "Definitely looks like a third gen under there...."

Submitted on: 01-11-2010
View Stats Category: Photoshop/Art
...the Edge's front fascia kinda reminds me of the Aerostar, so I whipped this up...

1-12-2010 @ 09:22:23 AM
I can really see a new gen Aerostar in this....just add more modern-looking alloy wheels, add more aerodynamic side mirrors, paint over the plastic trim, and put LED taillights on the back.

1-12-2010 @ 11:12:20 AM
#1, It is conceivable the Aerostar might have been able to remain in production, if Ford were willing to update the safety equipment... the chassis it was built on is still in production (Ranger)... and it's a solid aesthetic design, could have kept it updated, just like you said.

1-12-2010 @ 11:39:15 AM
Posted By : Adambomb Reply | Edit | Del
Hope the Chinese don't see this :P

1-12-2010 @ 11:51:32 AM
#3, If the Chinese want to copy the Aerostar, but update the aesthetics and powertrain, I don't think I, personally, would mind... it's still a decent looking van, and still immensely practical...

...just like I really don't have a problem with Great Wall's Coolbear, which is a total copy of the excellent first-gen Scion xB (it's closer to the xB than original bB)... the second-gen xB was an American-designed bloated shell of its former self... the fact that the first one is still in production, albeit, in a copied unlicensed form, is fine by me.

1-12-2010 @ 12:08:27 PM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
#4, You forget how shitty Chinese materials and manufacture processes are. I swear, a Chinese plastic spoon warped when I put it into the instant soup it was attached to.

Server time: Sunday, March 18, 2018 11:48:14 AM