Car: 96235   By: Adambomb   Comment: "Well that's shit...."
Car: 33716   By: Skid   Comment: "One of the top comments: "Wiseau serious?" I'm d..."
Car: 33716   By: wannabemustangjockey   Comment: "...And introducing Tommy Wiseau as the Joker https..."
Car: 42045   By: DiRF   Comment: "I still never understood why no 3rd party supplier..."
Car: 96657   By: Skid   Comment: "Definitely looks like a third gen under there...."

This image has expired.

Final Stats:

Total Votes 3
Average Score 7.00
Verdict Rice

Submitted by: 427 Vette
Submitted on: 01-18-2011
Audi R8 'Tron' by WCC and overpriced Monster Cables

1-18-2011 @ 03:21:07 PM
If enough people learn about Monoprice.com, Monster Cables can be put out of business, along with all the other HDMI cable companies that sell their wares in Best Buy and Walmart.

1-18-2011 @ 07:53:21 PM
Posted By : Obsidian Reply | Edit | Del
#1, I'm technologically innept with a mean temporal displacement of about 10 years. With that - squabbles about HDMI video quality and the price one pays cabling is moot.

In a way - it's quite satisfying to not gripe over the price of HDMI cables and watch others do the bitching and moaning; relentlessly defending Monster Cables and their 'claim' to superiority - but my pleasure comes with not seeing HD shit on my monitor likely well into the 2010's.

1-18-2011 @ 08:01:45 PM
#2, I agree that squabbling over a small price difference would be lame...

...but we're talking $4-8 versus $50-100.

1-18-2011 @ 09:21:57 PM
Posted By : Obsidian Reply | Edit | Del
#3, I know they're a ripoff. Sometimes I just like listening to the lame excuses some of the 'monster converts' use justify the price gap vs. measureable and visual performance.

1-18-2011 @ 09:47:11 PM
#4, The thing is, HDMI delivers a digital signal... there's no real "quality" argument like there is with analog signals. Either you get the signal or you don't. The only thing with HDMI is many devices now require "high-speed" bandwidth HDMI, to transmit more digital data... but, yeah, the Monoprice "high speed" cables do as good of a job as any silver-plated, quadruple-sheathed UBERMEGAMONSTER cable...

1-18-2011 @ 09:50:12 PM
Posted By : Obsidian Reply | Edit | Del
#5, I also parade my ignorance of HDMI. For me - if there's an image - however faint and low res - that's all that matters.

1-26-2011 @ 05:08:25 AM
Posted By : Bling24 Reply | Edit | Del
#2, I smell your frugal smugness from quite a long way away sir.

Server time: Sunday, March 18, 2018 01:20:44 PM