Car: 57399   By: wannabemustangjockey   Comment: "If nothing else, M2 cars unscrew completely so... ..."
Car: 57399   By: Adambomb   Comment: "I remeber those chip foose ones a few years back, ..."
Car: 57399   By: DiRF   Comment: "Another thing that bothers me is how they put gari..."
Car: 57399   By: wannabemustangjockey   Comment: "M2 has sadly become the red-headed stepchild dieca..."
Car: 57399   By: DiRF   Comment: "Ugh...."

Submitted by: ricerocketboy
Submitted on: 10-30-2014
View Stats Category: Vehicle Misc
Bad driving thread of the week, number three: idiot lady in a Honda Odyssey went the wrong way on a well-marked one way, and the lady/girl in the back kept pleading her to stop. Her response? 'Shut up! I'm driving!"

Comments

10-30-2014 @ 11:56:13 PM
Wait, so a woman in a Honda Odyssey was driving badly? This is news? A frightening percentage of them do that here.

Seriously though, even I know Lake Street is a one-way, at least between Calhoun and Dupont in downtown. This is four blocks away from where the 2-way section of Lake splits into Lake and Lagoon, and she turned into the opposing direction's left turn lane. The turn arrow pointing towards her should have been a clue.

10-30-2014 @ 11:58:01 PM
#1, yup. You're correct. it's not news, but I've seen so many people do that. Today, I saw someone in a older Maxima stop in the middle of the intersection, and look at a map, thus holding up traffic for two complete light cycles. Really, now?

10-31-2014 @ 12:11:27 AM
I've counted, 8 cars going the wrong way on one ways that I'm on in the last 10 days. One was even pissy that I wouldn't move over.

10-31-2014 @ 12:27:16 AM
#3, It's not quite as severe, but in parking lots with angled spaces, and someone goes down the wrong way... unless they've got a London Taxi, they're not going to angle themselves into any of the spots... if I see someone like that headed towards me, I make sure I'm in the exact middle of the lane, with no hope of them getting around... I give them a "What the fuck are you doing" look...

10-31-2014 @ 12:33:27 AM
This made my day, though. I was coming up on an intersection where the cross-traffic has a "NO THRU TRAFFIC" restriction, they have to turn left or right and NOT go across because the road I'm on is 4 lanes plus a center turn and that's too dangerous to try and dash over that much surface street.

Well, as I approach, I see a tow truck from the OTHER big towing company in town stick it's nose out of there, look left, look right, and then went STRAIGHT across, blatantly against the signs.

And just as I start to grouse "never a cop when you..." the Borough's unmarked grey traffic unit shoots across the road with his lights on. Heh, wherever he was hiding, I didn't see him either!

Haw-haw!

10-31-2014 @ 01:17:47 AM
#5, YES!

I count maybe 4 or 5 cars daily that go the wrong way, and 3 of those are purposely, and do it to get to the Lunds parking lot or the alley. Quite silly, if you ask me. I'm surprised there haven't been more accidents because of driving behavior like that.

Server time: Saturday, November 18, 2017 04:32:59 PM