Car: 92199   By: wannabemustangjockey   Comment: "That's what my grandpa thought in 1980 when he bou..."
Car: Fpost   By: wannabemustangjockey   Comment: "BAHAHAHAHAHA. http://photo.ricecop.com/pics/pblolz..."
Car: 92199   By: Low-Tech Redneck   Comment: "[citation needed]..."
Car: 92199   By: DiRF   Comment: "The wording on the Wikipedia leads me to believe t..."
Car: 92199   By: Adambomb   Comment: "I believe they all have it, I recall reading about..."

Submitted by: ricerocketboy
Submitted on: 05-14-2015
Chevrolet Caprice PPV

Comments

5-14-2015 @ 12:30:39 AM
Agencies that now have these...

Indialantic, Titusville, Melbourne Beach, and now the Sheriff's Office (they acquired them when they took over jurisdiction and equipment from the now-defunct Port Canaveral Police)

5-14-2015 @ 12:31:42 AM
This one is a precinct head's car. All other cops get Explorers, Taurus' and oddly enough, we now have undercover Camrys.

5-14-2015 @ 12:37:10 AM
#2, 268 hp is probably enough for most of what the Camrys would be used for (unless they're also jumping railroad tracks or doing PIT maneuvers); a stock late-model V6 can do 130 mph plus.

5-14-2015 @ 12:41:31 AM
#3, Yeh these are used for mainly nighttime patrol downtown, and occasional uptown patrol. All I've seen are that deep metallic blue color, or that deep cherry red color. Not sure if four or six, but single exhaust, and not a SE Sport.

11-09-2016 @ 10:21:56 PM
The City Hall where I work is right next door to a Sheriff's Precinct... so I see PPVs quite often now... along with every other kind of police car, since, as I mentioned a while back, our Sheriff's Office will pretty much slap their logos and lights on anything they can get ahold of.

11-09-2016 @ 10:26:39 PM
We have SS' now too, but as Sate Patrol/Trooper cars. They look stupid in our livery.

11-09-2016 @ 10:29:27 PM
#6, I can find zero photos of a Chevrolet SS dressed up as a police car... and it makes no sense anyway, as it's smaller, and wayyyyy more expensive than a Caprice PPV.

11-09-2016 @ 10:43:00 PM
#7, I've seen *one*. On 494 a couple weeks ago :)

Server time: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 03:45:38 AM