Car: 95884   By: DiRF   Comment: "Oh lord... they introduced a Moonhawk Donk, as wel..."
Car: 95884   By: Skid   Comment: "The Curious Caravan! I saw a video on the update ..."
Car: 94888   By: DiRF   Comment: "I think I'm ok with that front license plate place..."
Car: 95884   By: DiRF   Comment: "So the most recent update added a facsimile of the..."
Car: Fpost   By: Skid   Comment: "A little pricey, but it does look like it's in goo..."

Submitted on: 06-05-2015
View Stats Category: Other Vehicle
My GOD, my motorcycle's engine mysteriously doubled in size!

2008 Honda VTX1800T. :D

Comments

1 2 3 ]

7-16-2017 @ 09:07:04 PM
So, items like the forks and transmission cover would be ridiculously expensive to black-out, due to difficulty in removing/disassembling them... but here's a mockup of what I think can be blacked out within budget... http://photo.ricecop.com/pics/vtx_blackout.jpg

[edit] Oh, also included the new turn signals... removing the stock ones that stick out and replacing them with LEDs that wrap around the forks, which also double as white driving lights when not flashing amber. The headlight will also be replaced with an LED unit for better visibility.

[Edited by DiRF on 7-16-2017 @ 09:12:31 PM]

7-16-2017 @ 11:45:50 PM
#41, Not bad. It's better not to black out all that chrome anyway; that would've been overkill. A nice mix of black and chrome trim suits the bike best, IMO.

8-05-2017 @ 07:34:08 PM
Black painting and powder coating of various components is chugging right along... getting custom work on a motorcycle done is not a fast process... blacking-out the pipes is apparently not easy nor cheap... so I'm considering just getting a new set of aftermarket black pipes... considering these in black: http://www.freedomperform.com/produ...into-1-vtx1800/ I would, of course, leave the baffles IN... I am not a loud pipes person.

9-30-2017 @ 03:13:32 PM
Went to take a look at the bike... it's maybe one or two items away from being done... fingers crossed I'll have it next weekend.

The new exhaust, I'm so glad I opted for the quiet baffles, as, even with them installed, those pipes are most definitely louder than stock... the shop owner told me they ran the bike without the baffles, and, even though it sounded EPIC, the noise and vibration actually caused a sign to fall off a nearby wall.

But the black finish on the pipes is fantastic, and the components that have also been blacked out really set off the bike. I'm glad I'm retaining *some* chrome, as it provides a nice visual balance. I've seen totally-blacked-out bikes, and they sometimes look monotonous.

10-07-2017 @ 11:43:02 AM

10-07-2017 @ 10:18:31 PM
Posted By : Driven_out Reply | Edit | Del
#45, should upload pics that aren't in the resolution of Adambomb :P

10-08-2017 @ 10:00:40 AM
#46, https://imgur.com/gallery/pdiBs

10-09-2017 @ 01:06:44 PM
Posted By : Driven_out Reply | Edit | Del
#47, Updoot 4 u

8-30-2021 @ 11:17:09 PM
Despite my best efforts, this thing is getting corroded. The salt air here is just brutal. I'll keep riding it as long as it still seems safe, but it ain't pretty any more. The parts that were powder-coated are doing alright, but all the chrome and exposed metal that remains is just getting ate.

Had a mobile detailer try to clean up the bike a bit, and he clued me in that, from his experience, Hondas are the worst for rusting. Despite their mechanicals and electrics being the best in the industry, their chrome, trim and paint are the worst. Also, I think the aftermarket mirrors and pipes were far inferior quality than I was led to believe... both are starting to show serious age.

There's also no getting away from the fact that this is a 13 year-old bike now. If it were anything but a Honda, it'd be on its last legs. I got it so cheap in the first place because the previous owner obviously hadn't treated it well.

Currently exploring what's out there, and I may stray away from the laid-back cruiser style. I definitely need something with farrrr less chrome. I may go for more of a lightweight standard. One bike that has caught my attention: https://www.kawasaki.com/en-us/moto...022-Z900RS-CAFE

8-31-2021 @ 03:04:14 PM
#49, Not a bad looking bike. Reminds me a bit of the Toecutter.

8-31-2021 @ 04:54:15 PM
#50, That thought did, indeed, cross my mind.

10-16-2021 @ 10:25:29 PM
This bike still makes me happy. I'm shelving the idea of replacing it for now.

One anecdote from earlier today... pulled up to a traffic light, and, out of the corner of my eye, I saw some crossover-looking thingy, turquoise in color, pulled up next to me. I didn't actually look over to see what it was, and my brain "filled in the gap" and I thought maybe it was a Kia Soul or Hyundai thingy...

Anywho, I was in a spritely mood, and when the light turned green, I gunned it. I may have said it before, but this bike is FAST. This thing can ROCKET if I nail the clutch/throttle just right.

I got destroyed. That wasn't a Kia Soul or Hyundai thingy. It was a fucking Ford Mach-E GT. Those things are SHOCKINGLY fast.

1 2 3 ]

Server time: Saturday, December 4, 2021 03:28:22 AM

Copyright 2000 - 2021 Ricecop. All rights reserved.