Car: 76440   By: Skid   Comment: "750 horsepower V8, a real stick shift, and AWD? ..."
Car: 76440   By: DiRF   Comment: "Whale oil beef hooked...."
Car: 76440   By: ricerocketboy   Comment: "LSA and LS9. http://www.fornasaricars.com/index...."
Car: 25804   By: Adambomb   Comment: "Lol, sedan..."
Car: Fpost   By: Low-Tech Redneck   Comment: ""Yeah, uh, Tower could you roll emergency vehicles..."

Submitted by: ricerocketboy
Submitted on: 05-21-2016
View Stats Category: Other Vehicle
Tesla Model X

Comments

5-21-2016 @ 01:59:57 AM
These things are the new Ford CMax in my area for people who can afford them. I see probably 4 or more a week.

Personally I think it just looks like a Car Town version of the Model S.

5-21-2016 @ 09:02:14 AM
I thought the Roadster was a novelty at best, an absolute joke at worst.
The Model S began changing the whole way I viewed Tesla, and electric cars in general.
The Model X is damaging my view again... I think they were too ambitious.
They'd better get their shit together with the Model 3... they need to follow the K.i.S.S principle.

5-21-2016 @ 03:32:12 PM
Incidentally, the Model S looks great in metallic red, and the Model X looks awful in the same color.

5-28-2017 @ 05:56:52 PM
#3, Model X's look so damned goofy in person... it has the same problem the Fiat 500L has... they tried taking the styling of a completely different class of vehicle and bloating/twisting it to fit a larger vehicle...

I'm keeping my expectations low for the Model 3... it looks like they're following the modern Nissan strategy with "affordable" cars... make it look big and fancy, but cut so many damn corners that it'll end up being extremely depressing to live with.

Meanwhile, Chevrolet is over in the corner, frantically gesturing towards their Bolt EV, which meets all of the Model 3's parameters in terms of price and range, is available RIGHT NOW, and no one gives a shit because it's not a Tesla.

5-28-2017 @ 06:52:27 PM
#4, The Bolt is getting to be quite popular in my area, maybe more so than the second-gen Volt this year. The Leaf was popular when it came out and now they can't give away the used ones at dealers. Unfortunately my area is completely overrun with Teslas of both the S and X variety. Even more unfortunately, the new Prius has also caught on and those ghastly things are popping up. The Toyota distribution center for the Bay Area is a mile from my house and they just installed a hydrogen station for the various Mirais in the area, and I've seen a few Honda Claritys and Hyundai Ioniqs around, too.

5-28-2017 @ 07:18:12 PM
#5, The new Prius may be completely butt-ugly, but the way they're driven is an improvement. The marketing has tried to pass off that they're more enjoyable to drive and are more nimble/handle better... whether or not that's true, I don't know, but they're not the rolling roadblocks the old ones are... even if it's a placebo affect for the drivers of them, I'm not complaining.

5-28-2017 @ 10:07:36 PM
I go to a gym in the basement of a local hospital, and one of the doctors with a reserved space in the parking garage has a white Model X. Damn ulgy thing. Another doctor there has a dark blue Model S. They're the only Teslas I've seen in person. I've never seen either of them driving, and the Model S always its charging cord (and a bright orange extension cord) stretched about 20 feet to the nearest wall socket.

2-08-2018 @ 10:43:59 PM
#4, It may be too early to call it, but it's looking like I may have been correct about the Model 3... the early production models are showing horrible build quality, slap-dash on-the-factory-floor repairs, and the overall engineering/design appears to have many cut corners.

...and Chevrolet is still flailing their arms to bring attention to the Bolt. Yes, at its heart it's still a soulless economy car with a shit interior, but, dammit, it's still an amazingly-engineered pure electric vehicle for its price.

2-09-2018 @ 01:13:38 AM
#8, My local dealership is trying REALLY hard to get me interested in a Bolt. I already asked the sales manager to stop contacting me, he acknowledged and then kept doing it. Someone in the shopping center where I work recently traded in their Leaf for a Bolt and there are quite a few in my area.

I'm seeing Model 3s popping up everywhere, too. They look like a fat, squat, boring Panamera.

2-09-2018 @ 10:53:24 PM
No Model 3s here yet, and the Bolt is still fairly exclusive. I see two or three a week here, at most. I quite like them. I'm curious about the new Leaf too.

Server time: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 08:04:16 AM