Car: 96500   By: motopsycho   Comment: "smoked tails?..."
Car: 96495   By: DiRF   Comment: "It really ties the car together, Dude...."
Car: 96502   By: Skid   Comment: "One of my coworkers has a black one with a gold pi..."
Car: 96495   By: Skid   Comment: "Interesting color combo. The pinstripe really sets..."
Car: 96502   By: DiRF   Comment: "Damn shame. These are really solid-handling, beaut..."

Submitted by: Sensekhmet
Submitted on: 05-29-2016
My new car: 2008 VW Polo GTi.

Comments

1 2 ]

5-29-2016 @ 08:26:57 AM
Posted By : Driven_out Reply | Edit | Del
another one?

5-29-2016 @ 09:30:33 AM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
#1, Damn, have you ever met my niece? That's exactly what she said (pun NOT intended, she's 12)... 94745

5-29-2016 @ 09:47:29 AM
Oh I LOVE those seats.

5-29-2016 @ 01:36:58 PM
#3, http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m...2o14_r2_400.gif

5-29-2016 @ 10:57:42 PM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
#3, It does not specifically say Recaro on them, but that's how a picture a classic Recaro seat: cloth, with lots of soft* side support.

* Previous gen Clio RS has stiff side support... nice way to disable yourself just getting in by heavily bruising your left tigh.

5-29-2016 @ 11:16:46 PM
#5, I... couldn't care less regarding brand of the seats... my love is basically because of what wimbles referenced.

5-30-2016 @ 02:00:32 PM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
#6, I was referring more to the "Recaro style" seat than to the brand itself. The plaid design is obviously a GTI thing, but it looks like they lost the golf ball shifter somewhere along the way...

6-01-2016 @ 09:34:21 PM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
First check up done and it looks like there is nothing wrong with it save for driveshaft innerboots.
I can hardly believe it...
Now to break in my GreenStuffs and 'Ring, here I come!

6-04-2016 @ 12:29:17 PM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
#8, Huh, got the bill... that's 2/3rd of my paycheck gone o_O The labor here is horribly expensive, 80 EUR per hour. Body and paint is over 100 EUR.

6-05-2016 @ 01:29:21 PM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
Yeah, Rheinland-Pfalz it is not a bad place for a car guy...
Still need to be bedded in:

7-03-2016 @ 02:10:47 PM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
I guess I need to get acquainted with Castrol SRF. Did 4 laps yesterday and around the middle of the first one I got the dredded soft pedal... fuuuuck. The good news is that the car save for that feels perfectly happy to lap the Nordschleife lap after lap. Engine temperature is fine, suspension works really well (but it's annoyingly crashy on the road), steering feel is good, it does not eat the tires, hell, even the stock seat does it's job. It's not a hardcore track special, but it gets you to and from the track in comfort and does not blow up or make you cry when on it.
The Greenstuff pads held up OK, if the SRF does not help (I do not know of a fluid that has a higher boiling point...) I guess I will have to go for bigger GTI Cup Edition/Audi S3 brakes >:(

8-09-2016 @ 02:14:38 PM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
Last weekend I took part in my first Bergslalom - basically an autocross on a hillclimb route. Interesting concept, but way too much time and money investment for just 3 runs of 50-55 seconds each IMO...
Ready for Tech: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...zpslt08ivoj.jpg
Waiting for my run group to form up, with Simca Rallye: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...zpshvf8a3a9.jpg
Here be monsters: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...zps27qymzbk.jpg

10-15-2016 @ 04:18:44 PM
First in car vid!

10-23-2016 @ 10:55:20 AM
#13, Car seems surprisingly zippy when you give it the beans. But then GTI has always been more than just a badge.

10-23-2016 @ 01:29:38 PM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
#14, Stock it came with 150hp, I had mine dynoed at almost 180hp on a cool summer morning. The curve was a little bit wavy on 95-octane gas, possibly due to knock sensor backing off timing. It looks like a good tune, if a bit on the conservative side - usually the "Stage 1" tune should yield a bit more power. That said, I cannot be bothered to switch to 98-octane (which is 20 Eurocents more expensive per liter) or to invest in a more aggressive remap just to brag with 10 extra hp. It's plenty fast for me and it already reaches speeds a city car probably really should not (200kph indicated and still accelerating quite strongly on the autobahn, I saw a brief glimpse of 220kph indicated on a downhill section of the Nordschleife o_O).

10-23-2016 @ 01:36:11 PM
#15, ~136mph... not bad at all.

10-23-2016 @ 01:40:21 PM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
#16, I need to make a proper test with a GPS but during both of aforementioned moments my brain was flashing the NOPE light like mad :D

10-23-2016 @ 01:51:28 PM
#15, No wonder it seems so quick. With the weight difference, it's probably faster than my 210 horsepower Genesis. The stock Polo is already only about .4 slower 0-100 km/h.

10-23-2016 @ 02:04:32 PM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
#18, Is that the 2.0 turbo? How is it? I think my next car will be either a GT86/BRZ or the 2.0 T Genesis.

10-23-2016 @ 02:10:57 PM
#19, Yep, it's the 2.0 turbo. It's near the top of my list of my favorite cars I've owned. Plenty of punch, with the exact same fuel economy as the 143 horsepower 4 cylinder Ranger it replaced. My only real complaints so far are the steering doesn't have quite as much feedback as I'd like and it's kind of ponderous to park.

1 2 ]