Car: 41663   By: Obsidian   Comment: "He's disappeared into the matrix as of late...."
Car: 33452   By: Driven_out   Comment: "I like the wheels, and if the car was one color, i..."
Car: Fpost   By: Skid   Comment: "I've seen that guy's stuff before. It's good work...."
Car: 96393   By: wannabemustangjockey   Comment: "Hey hey hey! It's time to make some CA-RAAAAZY MO..."
Car: Fpost   By: DiRF   Comment: "https://www.flickr.com/photos/62646209@N08/1134224..."

Submitted by: ricerocketboy
Submitted on: 09-10-2016
Mazda Protege5

Comments

9-10-2016 @ 01:05:07 AM
What could have been. I almost ended up with one of these instead of my Focus six years ago.

9-10-2016 @ 12:01:35 PM
I am just honestly SHOCKED at how bad the rusting problem on these is... I mean, is it a manufacturing or engineering defect? You'd think modern cars from a large, respected automaker like Mazda would have better corrosion prevention...

9-10-2016 @ 12:27:06 PM
#2, It has to do with two different kinds of metal used, and also, there's a spot where the interior carpet and sound deadening don't reach, leaving two layers of exposed metal.

9-11-2016 @ 12:17:09 AM
Posted By : Adambomb Reply | Edit | Del
Looks like one I used to see parked at work a few years ago, same color too.

9-11-2016 @ 12:45:30 AM
It's the same color as the one I test drove in San Francisco. That one had a sunroof and Tiptronic but had lived outdoors under trees on the coast its entire life. It looked great until you opened the sunroof and saw all the rust and leaves in the channel and it made me nervous. I still like these cars but even when they aren't all rusted they're mostly thrashed to death.

Server time: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 10:18:19 PM