Car: 81412   By: ricerocketboy   Comment: "NSU Prinz too...."
Car: 81412   By: DiRF   Comment: "I can see where you're coming from in regards to t..."
Car: 81412   By: Skid   Comment: "It does bring to mind a two-door version of the la..."
Car: 81412   By: DiRF   Comment: "That is incredibly... British-looking for a BMW......"
Car: 87080   By: Low-Tech Redneck   Comment: "Push down, pull it back, and watch it go right up ..."

Submitted by: ricerocketboy
Submitted on: 09-10-2016
Mazda Protege5

Comments

9-10-2016 @ 01:05:07 AM
What could have been. I almost ended up with one of these instead of my Focus six years ago.

9-10-2016 @ 12:01:35 PM
I am just honestly SHOCKED at how bad the rusting problem on these is... I mean, is it a manufacturing or engineering defect? You'd think modern cars from a large, respected automaker like Mazda would have better corrosion prevention...

9-10-2016 @ 12:27:06 PM
#2, It has to do with two different kinds of metal used, and also, there's a spot where the interior carpet and sound deadening don't reach, leaving two layers of exposed metal.

9-11-2016 @ 12:17:09 AM
Posted By : Adambomb Reply | Edit | Del
Looks like one I used to see parked at work a few years ago, same color too.

9-11-2016 @ 12:45:30 AM
It's the same color as the one I test drove in San Francisco. That one had a sunroof and Tiptronic but had lived outdoors under trees on the coast its entire life. It looked great until you opened the sunroof and saw all the rust and leaves in the channel and it made me nervous. I still like these cars but even when they aren't all rusted they're mostly thrashed to death.

Server time: Thursday, October 19, 2017 10:51:58 AM