Car: 96574   By: Skid   Comment: "1984. Nice to see an early third gen kicking aroun..."
Car: 96572   By: Skid   Comment: "I'd like to switch places with the owner of this c..."
Car: 96575   By: wannabemustangjockey   Comment: "Oh, you lost your petrol flap? You haven't lived ..."
Car: 33716   By: wannabemustangjockey   Comment: "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7oUWqoKXVc And no..."
Car: 40944   By: DiRF   Comment: "Correction: Fat Urbo. Obviously, they're obsessed ..."

Submitted by: Low-Tech Redneck
Submitted on: 07-20-2017
View Stats Category: Other Vehicle
Gonna be a VERY long time before something THIS obscure gets towed in to work again.

RHD Australian Mitsubishi Delica Star Van.

Diesel and 4WD too, in fact, that was the reason for the tow, injector pump lost it's prime.

Comments

7-20-2017 @ 06:21:39 PM
It still pisses me off that Mitsubishi decided, at some point in the late '90s/early '00s, that they would stop selling interesting, unique vehicles in America... the Evo was the one exception, but the rest was middling, milquetoast bullshit.

Even the i-Miev, which started life as an awesomely-quirky kei car, they only sold it as an extremely impractical EV with ridiculously-short range.

7-20-2017 @ 09:56:54 PM
#1, I'm sure that's a big factor in why Mitsubishi barely even sells cars in the U.S. anymore....they just stopped caring about their North American lineup. Even the last generation Eclipse was dull.

7-20-2017 @ 10:52:48 PM
My local Mitsubishi dealership used to be a wing of the Ford-Lincoln dealer. It isn't anymore. I never even noticed it was gone and neither did anyone else.

7-20-2017 @ 10:58:57 PM
#2, That's kinda what I was getting at, they played it safe so much that everyone lost interest.

7-20-2017 @ 11:12:49 PM
#4, The big surprise for me is seeing a Mirage that doesn't have rental fleet barcode stickers on it, that someone actually bought for themselves.

7-20-2017 @ 11:30:41 PM
#5, A co-worker of mine bought one... as I have immense respect for the man, I am keeping my trap shut regarding that car.

7-21-2017 @ 11:58:24 AM
#3, My local Mitsubishi dealer sat empty for about two years before I noticed. Earlier this year the Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Kia dealer across the street bought it out and are using it for their Kias, which they seem to sell a metric fuckton of.

7-21-2017 @ 12:45:10 PM
Old Monteros and Galants are 90% of the Mitsus I tow, the other 10% are college kids misparking the same 2 or 3 Eclipses over and over again.

Server time: Friday, December 15, 2017 10:49:21 AM