Car: 96429   By: Adambomb   Comment: "https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4505/37789553642_7bd..."
Car: 91302   By: DiRF   Comment: "That's a really shit mimic...."
Car: 81412   By: ricerocketboy   Comment: "NSU Prinz too...."
Car: 81412   By: DiRF   Comment: "I can see where you're coming from in regards to t..."
Car: 81412   By: Skid   Comment: "It does bring to mind a two-door version of the la..."

URL: http://riceornot.ricecop.com/?auto=51961
Submitted on: 04-24-2006
View Stats Category: Off-topic
Yay Anime! ^_^ I think I'm addicted.

Not pictured: My 8-disc Trigun set, my Neon Genesis Evangelion 6-disc boxset, and End of Evangelion DVD.

Comments

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ]

10-30-2014 @ 08:29:43 PM
Speaking of FMA, in the original I'll admit to crying at Hughes' funeral. But if anyone asks, you didn't see me do it.

12-12-2014 @ 04:02:04 AM
Well, over eight years after first watching the *First* Stage of Initial D (and watching Second, Third, and Fourth in quick succession after that... watching Fifth Stage last year) ... I sat down earlier tonight and watched Final Stage.

A relatively satisfying conclusion to the series. It's incredible that (counting when the manga started), the series took two decades to run its course.

Next year, I get to finish another two-decade-long series in the making, when I receive, in the mail, volume 14 of Neon Genesis Evangelion (Sadamoto's manga adaptation)...

...but, back to Final Stage... It was one helluva last battle, but the epilogue felt kinda like "going out with a whimper"... oh well. Looking forward to the "New Legend" series of full-length movies, which will essentially retell the whole series in a compressed manner, with superior animation from the get-go. (First Stage's animation is laughably bad)... and being compressed, no more needlessly drawn out races or filler. Yay.

12-12-2014 @ 04:15:51 AM
#202, Also, I have to wonder... does every AE86/AE85 Toyota in Initial D *have* to be white? I mean, seriously... there are no less than FIVE different ones throughout the series, and every single one is white.

12-12-2014 @ 01:08:45 PM
#203, Well, in the first season, Itzuki dreamed of getting a red and black AE86 Levin and racing alongside Takumi's Sprinter. But since that's was just a brief fantasy shot, I don't guess it really counts.

12-12-2014 @ 04:16:49 PM
Posted By : Tastycakemix Reply | Edit | Del
The commentary in the End of Evangelion DVD is still one of the best in all the commentaries I've listened to.

For Initial D, I only read a English dubbed manga. Was the Tokyopop version of the anime really that bad?

[Edited by Tastycakemix on 12-12-2014 @ 04:17:25 PM]

12-12-2014 @ 07:17:16 PM
#205, The Japanese-language/English-subtitled version of Tokyopop's anime release was alright... well, except Second Stage, where they didn't include unedited video. But their English-dubbed version? Ugh.

12-12-2014 @ 09:17:20 PM
Posted By : Tastycakemix Reply | Edit | Del
#206, The only time I heard really bad English editing is when they mute any background sound just to put the English person's voice over it and the voice actor's calm expressions don't match the scene.

"Oh no we're falling."
"That's impossible. How can he have that much power."
"Tell Jacob I tried"

4-13-2017 @ 11:48:20 PM
Eleven Years. Goes by so fast. http://photo.ricecop.com/pics/anime2017.jpg

That "Magical Play" DVD is the only one from this original stack that I still have. Bought a better AzuDai set years later that had more extras, I now have an LE-set of Cowboy Bebop on Bluray, and the movie on a separate Bluray... and my copies of Gunsmith Cats and Battle Angel are both legit now. (Yes, sadly, the two in the main picture were bootlegs.)

8-12-2017 @ 12:49:11 PM
#187, Well, I wasn't wrong about Funimation continuing to grow. Sony Pictures just acquired a majority stake in them with a ~$150 Million valuation.

...and speaking of Funimation, they released Makoto Shinkai's your name. theatrically, which I went to see. One of THE BEST anime films I've ever seen... will totally buy any Limited Edition Bluray they release for it.

#192... and my collection has expanded further... http://vgmdb.net/db/collection.php?...mp;userid=25749

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ]