Car: 90032   By: wannabemustangjockey   Comment: "http://www.eddinsmoto.com/id116.htm..."
Car: 60343   By: Adambomb   Comment: "And it was still there last time I checked...."
Car: 97117   By: DiRF   Comment: "To quote a former supervisor of mine: "You're goof..."
Car: 97117   By: Low-Tech Redneck   Comment: "The only way they could make this more generic and..."
Car: 97117   By: Skid   Comment: "I'd like to see that VW with overstuffed blue velo..."

Submitted on: 11-20-2012
View Stats Category: Vehicle Group
When my father finds a vehicle he likes, he tends to stick with it...

Up top, his garage for his winter home here in Florida. At the bottom, his garage in Pennsylvania.

KW: Chrysler Pacifica Volkswagen Cabrio

Comments

11-20-2012 @ 07:32:43 AM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
Whoa...

7-07-2013 @ 11:18:24 PM
Heh... found my dad's white Pacifica on Google Maps... not at his normal address, but the StreetView car managed to drive by when he was at my grandfather's old place in Lancaster http://photo.ricecop.com/pics/gmp.jpg

Also, I guess they've updated the StreetView, and, rather than leave the *old* StreetView images from places they haven't covered with the recent round, they just removed them? There's no more StreetView by my house here in FL, or my dad's place in Lansdale...

10-23-2016 @ 01:41:19 PM
The red Pacifica has the smaller, 3.5L V6... and has a 160mph speedometer... I'm rather amused by its optimism...

10-23-2016 @ 01:47:01 PM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
#3, Hey, I forget which car it was, but I distinctly remember once seeing a tacho with a redline of 6000rpm... in a diesel. WTF?

10-23-2016 @ 01:48:23 PM
#3, My rental Versa has 140 mph on the speedometer. o_0

10-23-2016 @ 09:06:24 PM
I remember my neighbor's mid-2000s Town & Country minivan indicated up to 130mph but our Buick Regal GS only read up to 125. My friend's mom growing up had a circa 1989 Galant that read up to 150 or so.

10-23-2016 @ 09:16:05 PM
Now, to be fair, my VTX1800 has a speedo that goes up to 150... according to what I've read online, the stock engine is rev-limited in such a way that the top speed is ~140... so the 150 speedo isn't as silly as most.

10-23-2016 @ 09:33:05 PM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
#7, Question is, at what speed do you lose your grip on the handlebars?

10-23-2016 @ 09:48:31 PM
#8, With my aftermarket textured grips and my kevlar gloves, I could probably hold on quite well. Hell, 100mph felt like nothing... (the ease of which explains WHY I was at 100mph... didn't realize I was going that fast)

10-25-2016 @ 10:11:11 AM
Posted By : Tastycakemix Reply | Edit | Del
#5, Cost savings to use a stock, generic speedo

10-29-2018 @ 09:33:02 PM
FFFFFFFUUUUU-- just learned from my dad, the white Pacifica is totalled. Idiot in a LeSabre pulled out of a sidestreet right in front of him... he t-boned the Buick and cascaded into a bollard, stopping the Chrysler dead in its tracks. My dad's reasonably ok... the knee-airbag-panel blew out and bruised his legs real bad. But he's otherwise fine.

10-29-2018 @ 09:48:40 PM
#11, Sorry to hear about the Pacifica but it sounds like it did its job in the end. Glad your dad made it out without any serious injury.

10-29-2018 @ 09:51:24 PM
#12, My oldest sister and her husband were in the car, as well (they're visiting my dad, and this was on the way home from the fucking airport >_<)

...and they're both perfectly fine. My oldest sister is sometimes lax about wearing her seatbelt... thank GOD she was wearing it this time.

Server time: Thursday, December 13, 2018 06:42:04 AM