Car: 45406   By: Adambomb   Comment: "Right where it belongs...."
Car: 42117   By: DiRF   Comment: "Yours is pretty much the best of the current, unfo..."
Car: 42117   By: Driven_out   Comment: "Heeeeeeey :c :P..."
Car: 42117   By: ricerocketboy   Comment: "I like the 1988-1998s best. IMHO, its crazy to thi..."
Car: 93809   By: Adambomb   Comment: "See a white one at the mall next to work, I believ..."

Submitted on: 11-20-2012
View Stats Category: Vehicle Group
When my father finds a vehicle he likes, he tends to stick with it...

Up top, his garage for his winter home here in Florida. At the bottom, his garage in Pennsylvania.

KW: Chrysler Pacifica Volkswagen Cabrio

Comments

11-20-2012 @ 07:32:43 AM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
Whoa...

7-07-2013 @ 11:18:24 PM
Heh... found my dad's white Pacifica on Google Maps... not at his normal address, but the StreetView car managed to drive by when he was at my grandfather's old place in Lancaster http://photo.ricecop.com/pics/gmp.jpg

Also, I guess they've updated the StreetView, and, rather than leave the *old* StreetView images from places they haven't covered with the recent round, they just removed them? There's no more StreetView by my house here in FL, or my dad's place in Lansdale...

10-23-2016 @ 01:41:19 PM
The red Pacifica has the smaller, 3.5L V6... and has a 160mph speedometer... I'm rather amused by its optimism...

10-23-2016 @ 01:47:01 PM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
#3, Hey, I forget which car it was, but I distinctly remember once seeing a tacho with a redline of 6000rpm... in a diesel. WTF?

10-23-2016 @ 01:48:23 PM
#3, My rental Versa has 140 mph on the speedometer. o_0

10-23-2016 @ 09:06:24 PM
I remember my neighbor's mid-2000s Town & Country minivan indicated up to 130mph but our Buick Regal GS only read up to 125. My friend's mom growing up had a circa 1989 Galant that read up to 150 or so.

10-23-2016 @ 09:16:05 PM
Now, to be fair, my VTX1800 has a speedo that goes up to 150... according to what I've read online, the stock engine is rev-limited in such a way that the top speed is ~140... so the 150 speedo isn't as silly as most.

10-23-2016 @ 09:33:05 PM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
#7, Question is, at what speed do you lose your grip on the handlebars?

10-23-2016 @ 09:48:31 PM
#8, With my aftermarket textured grips and my kevlar gloves, I could probably hold on quite well. Hell, 100mph felt like nothing... (the ease of which explains WHY I was at 100mph... didn't realize I was going that fast)

10-25-2016 @ 10:11:11 AM