Car: 81412   By: ricerocketboy   Comment: "NSU Prinz too...."
Car: 81412   By: DiRF   Comment: "I can see where you're coming from in regards to t..."
Car: 81412   By: Skid   Comment: "It does bring to mind a two-door version of the la..."
Car: 81412   By: DiRF   Comment: "That is incredibly... British-looking for a BMW......"
Car: 87080   By: Low-Tech Redneck   Comment: "Push down, pull it back, and watch it go right up ..."

Submitted by: ricerocketboy
Submitted on: 03-22-2016
Mitsubishi Lancer GT

Comments

3-22-2016 @ 08:54:25 AM
Kinda like how they updated the front end... obviously they were on a budget, since it still has the exact same headlight fixtures... but that fender vent is such a cheap copout. ...it looks like they used almost the same cheap vent on the Mirage, as well (saw one on display in a shopping mall... decided to give it a close going over... the interior looks decent enough, but the exterior is a joke)

3-22-2016 @ 10:48:48 AM
that vent is on all of their cars. It's also the same one you can buy at Autozone for $14.99.

3-22-2016 @ 05:21:59 PM
But it has LED DRLs! That's what all the cool kids are into these days.

3-22-2016 @ 06:43:44 PM
#3, They at least look less-cheap than the shitty ones on the Toyota Camry and Tundra...

3-22-2016 @ 09:19:12 PM
To be honest, I *get* the hate for this car. I do think that with a little adjustments in pricing and packaging, the Lancer could be turned around into something that was a competitor. For example, the Lancer has a big jump between base model and not-base model. There needs to be a midgrade version, with a stick for about $17,000 or so.

3-22-2016 @ 10:09:39 PM
#5, The three things that move me to like this car:
1) The front end styling. I've always thought it was solid. For an economy car, it was damned aggressive, handsome, without looking cheap. This refresh doesn't hurt that.
2) The taillight bezels were/are very aesthetically pleasing. Like the combination of Alfa Romeo and the MkIV Supra, but for a newer era.
3) Was never terribly fond of the prior Lancer's styling, so the comparison made this even better looking.

The greenhouse and overall shape of the C-pillar and decklid weren't perfect, though...

3-22-2016 @ 10:17:21 PM
#6, I will agree on all those points. One letdown for me is the interior isn't up to par with its pricing. Which wouldn't be an issue, but Mitsubishi has never been synonymous with perceived quality. I picture Mitsubishi today as Subaru was about 10 years ago. Fun lineup, but no real direction of where they want the brand to go--at least on our shores.

The other letdown for me is brand certainty. I feel that Mitsu could pull out from this market at any given day. The dealer situation is beyond pathetic, at least here, and the cars can't handle the extreme weather. I've seen rusting on even the Outlander Sport. Another dealbreaker for me--and this applies to the dealer network rather than the cars themselves. The salespeople. At the autoshow the dude at the booth kept going on and on about "best non hybrid fuel economy of 36 MPG for the Lancer. Great. but my sister gets about that in her auto 2.0L hatch, and my 3 cylinder deal gets about 42. Granted, its a 3 cylinder, but still.

Server time: Friday, October 20, 2017 12:22:25 PM