Car: 95912   By: DiRF   Comment: "Completely unrelated. He's just a bunch of hot air..."
Car: 95912   By: ricerocketboy   Comment: "looks like he followed through, since everyone is ..."
Car: 41663   By: Obsidian   Comment: "He's disappeared into the matrix as of late...."
Car: 33452   By: Driven_out   Comment: "I like the wheels, and if the car was one color, i..."
Car: Fpost   By: Skid   Comment: "I've seen that guy's stuff before. It's good work...."

Submitted by: Adambomb
Submitted on: 11-03-2016
View Stats Category: Photoshop/Art
Ye olde car show

Comments

11-03-2016 @ 06:08:04 PM
I remember the Thrifty drugstore chain.... when I was a little kid my mom used to get our photos developed there and sometimes she would get me a cone from their ice cream counter as a treat.

11-03-2016 @ 06:15:00 PM
#1, My city was home to two local drug chains that went out of business in the late 90's as national chains moved in:

G. C. Murphy and McLanahan's (which still "survives" as a vestigial storefront that now houses a grocer)

11-03-2016 @ 11:37:33 PM
Lots of Barris cars here. Naturally the Hirohata Mercury stands out, but there are some other significant custom cars in this picture as well:

*The Earl Bruce 1940 Ford "three window" coupe (maroon, far side rear)
*Buster Litton "Panoramic" 1949 Ford (copper hardtop, center right)
*Chuck DeWitt's 1950 Ford (purple convertible, just this side of the Panoramic)
*Jesse Lopez 1941 Ford (green coupe, closer still)
*Jack Nethercutt's "Vienesse" 1952 Oldsmobile (copper with gold roof, other side of the Panoramic)
*Tommy Thornburgh's 1947 Studebaker (blue convertible with odd roofline, rear right)
*Jay Johnston's 1949 Ford (cream and orange, center front)

The rest I can't really identify.

[Edited by Skid on 11-03-2016 @ 11:38:43 PM]

11-03-2016 @ 11:52:47 PM
I like the MG roadster just chilling at the end of the aisle, making its own parking space because it's the only car small enough to fit there.

Server time: Friday, February 23, 2018 11:50:07 AM