Car: 96235   By: Adambomb   Comment: "Well that's shit...."
Car: 33716   By: Skid   Comment: "One of the top comments: "Wiseau serious?" I'm d..."
Car: 33716   By: wannabemustangjockey   Comment: "...And introducing Tommy Wiseau as the Joker https..."
Car: 42045   By: DiRF   Comment: "I still never understood why no 3rd party supplier..."
Car: 96657   By: Skid   Comment: "Definitely looks like a third gen under there...."

Submitted on: 10-20-2002
View Stats Category: Off-topic
Ok, I hate your operating system, but your videogame console is just sooo damn sweet.

1 2 ]

10-20-2002 @ 04:15:41 AM
Posted By : motopsycho Reply | Edit | Del
no it isn't.

10-20-2002 @ 06:21:33 AM
Posted By : Jesuz Reply | Edit | Del
note to Gates:may be u should spend 1/10 of your money and make your OS half as good as Mac

10-20-2002 @ 08:36:57 AM
Posted By : Lemming Reply | Edit | Del
As odd as this may sound to some of the Mac users out there, many people actually prefer the Windows family of operating systems. The new Windows XP is an absolute abomination; I'm not giong to defend it, but Windows 2000 kicks butt, and if you don't like the user interface, you can always get a different shell for it.

10-20-2002 @ 08:59:13 AM
Posted By : Jesuz Reply | Edit | Del
*ripooooffff*cought* ....OSX...*ripooo*cought*....

10-20-2002 @ 09:03:53 AM
Posted By : Lemming Reply | Edit | Del
What's a ripoff of OS X? I just said, I'm not defending XP. It is crap.

But you can always use Win2K, which came out before OS X last time I checked. And if you hate the Explorer UI, you can always use something else.

Like this (my computer)

10-20-2002 @ 02:50:15 PM
Posted By : 427 Vette Reply | Edit | Del
bill your console sucks and xp isnt all that i wonder how u still manage to be a billionare

10-20-2002 @ 02:51:35 PM
Posted By : stang392 Reply | Edit | Del
xbox would be good if it wasn't so damn big and the controller didn't suck

10-20-2002 @ 02:52:18 PM
Posted By : Lemming Reply | Edit | Del
#6, Because he's got a far better sense of how to do business than most of his competitors, because his company has gained substantial momentum and will use hostile takeovers (if necessary) to gain marketshare in potentially profitable markets (or they'll just sink millions into R&D and advertising). He's a billionaire simply becuase he's managed to outmaneuver EVERYBODY.

10-20-2002 @ 02:52:58 PM
Posted By : 427 Vette Reply | Edit | Del
i guess the controller is big because of gates big manly hands

10-20-2002 @ 02:55:17 PM
Posted By : Lemming Reply | Edit | Del
#9, Actually, that's what they figured they could sell to the typical American. There is also a smaller controller available for the system--I've seen it at electronics stores.

'Course, that doesn't mean I'm going to buy the console. My PC will still outrun it, and there's already an underground effort to "emulate" the X-Box. (It's not really full-out emulation, because it's basically the same platform as the PC with just a few little extras that need to be emulated.)

10-20-2002 @ 02:55:36 PM
Posted By : 427 Vette Reply | Edit | Del
no its cuz he buys out the competition #8

10-20-2002 @ 02:56:00 PM
Posted By : SuperDave479 Reply | Edit | Del
Why are you guys so opposed to XP? I'm a computer tech and XP is my favorite version of Windows. I have Win2000 at work and XP Pro at home. I had XP at work for a little while (before they found out) and it performed a lot better than Win2000. The stability of Win2k, improved UI (or you can use the old one if you like) and faster. What's not to like? Oh yeah and I have played with Macs a lot too btw. I was not impressed.

10-20-2002 @ 02:57:09 PM
Posted By : Lemming Reply | Edit | Del
#11, I SAID Microsoft will often either resort to hostile takeovers or force their perceived competitors out of the marketplace. Such is business..

[Edited by Lemming on 10-20-2002 @ 02:57:18 PM]

10-20-2002 @ 02:57:18 PM
Posted By : 427 Vette Reply | Edit | Del
well #10 he probably belives that all americans are overweight then

10-20-2002 @ 02:58:26 PM
Posted By : Lemming Reply | Edit | Del
#12, I don't like the Luna UI with the window-skinning and fancy graphical effects, and the product registration would be a big problem for me because I'm always changing out my hardware. Since the product registration system is based on hardware serial numbers, etc., I'd be constantly calling MS.

10-20-2002 @ 02:59:16 PM
Posted By : Lemming Reply | Edit | Del
#14, Most are. And even more so for the sedentary videogamers that the XBox is targeted at.

10-20-2002 @ 02:59:17 PM
Posted By : 427 Vette Reply | Edit | Del
oh ok me english is not so good

10-20-2002 @ 02:59:37 PM
Posted By : stang392 Reply | Edit | Del
how does console emulation work anyhow? I'm not real up on all this computer crap

10-20-2002 @ 03:01:24 PM
Posted By : Lemming Reply | Edit | Del
I just have nothing against MS. Sure, they're nasty and anticompetitive, they don't play fair, whatever. But that's just how the technology industry is--it favors aggressive business practices.

10-20-2002 @ 03:02:02 PM
Posted By : Lemming Reply | Edit | Del
#18, Console emulation can be done in several ways. I will try to list them here (just give me a few minutes).

1 2 ]