Car: 96546   By: Skid   Comment: "It looks, from what I can see, like good retail sp..."
Car: 96546   By: ricerocketboy   Comment: "so fantastic its been for lease for over 2 years...."
Car: 96551   By: Low-Tech Redneck   Comment: "No, RETRO hired goons..... now open the door...."
Car: 96551   By: DiRF   Comment: "Hired goons?..."
Car: 96542   By: Skid   Comment: "That's...random......."

Submitted by: 427 Vette
Submitted on: 07-22-2003
View Stats Category: Photoshop/Art
5th Gen Camaro.

Comments

1 2 3 ]

12-30-2003 @ 07:47:52 PM
Posted By : KrisH Reply | Edit | Del
#40, GM can't "look" at these renderings from a legal standpoint, so to them...um, I guess I don't exist. Don't really care if they build it retro or not as long as it stays true to the name and history and doesn't become another "Malibu" which does the name no justice.

12-30-2003 @ 08:59:55 PM
Posted By : Obsidian Reply | Edit | Del
#41, I wouldn't knock malibu down too hard. Granted that the malibu isn't what it was - but from a sales standpoint - Chevy wouldn't be where it is without it. Sure it's not a powerhouse - but it isn't a car remembered as a failure.

I am thankful GM managed to hold onto the malibu nameplate and not let it fall into shambles - like the lovely Chevy Nova back in the 80's or the early 90's Pontiac Lemans.

12-30-2003 @ 09:07:20 PM
Posted By : SuperDave479 Reply | Edit | Del
#41, Hi! So you're the guy that did these renderings! Very impressive. I like the green one the best. You definitely have a talent. Personally I hopen if/when GM does a 5th gen Camaro I hope they'll do just retro "cues" like I've done to my car (check out my profile) and not full-blown retro. If they did do full-blown retro though, I'd DEFINITELY want them to do it like your green concept or at least close. *insert worship smiley here*

12-31-2003 @ 01:43:30 AM
Posted By : KrisH Reply | Edit | Del
#43, Thanks man. I think being in a national publication was pretty humbling. I went into it knowing that there were people out there that liked it and a fair number that didn't. The article was met with over 4-500 e-mails to PHR that were overwhelmingly positive. There are always the naysayers because it doesn't look like their IROC or it doesn't have any cues from the 4th gen. I say, you can't please everyone, though I did try. That was the reason for the green one. It was in PHR 3 months after this orange one and was aimed at critiques I had received the first time around. I will be in PHR again for another concept that I came up with. It is also based on a classic name but is not too retro at all. It has very similar body lines but is packaged as any other car in the company's future lineup. Can't say much more, but keep your eyes peeled. It'll be on Rice or Not before too long I'm sure. Thsnkd for the kind words, I really dig your car too, gotta love the ol hockey sticks down the side!

1-10-2004 @ 12:52:59 AM
Posted By : 427 Vette Reply | Edit | Del
#44, *Praise*
You da Man!

1-10-2004 @ 01:30:55 AM
Posted By : MxCx Reply | Edit | Del
#44, I think when GM decides to bring back the Camaro (its inevitable really) they should talk to you first.

1-14-2004 @ 01:41:37 AM
Posted By : KrisH Reply | Edit | Del
#46, I think the whole design will be driven by "market research." Here's hoping that they don't look to 3rd Gen owners for styling advice. No offense, but the 3rd Gen cars did very little for me unless they were IROC Zs.

1 2 3 ]