Car: 96887   By: Skid   Comment: "Someone needs to strip this one down and sandblast..."
Car: 96888   By: Skid   Comment: "That door looks like it came from a truck that bur..."
Car: 96885   By: Low-Tech Redneck   Comment: "I might believe it if you could grammar correctly,..."
Car: 96878   By: DiRF   Comment: "It's like the Denver, Colorado of cars... Denver w..."
Car: 96878   By: Low-Tech Redneck   Comment: "You can actually see at what point he gave up........"

Submitted by: Biohazard
Submitted on: 03-06-2005
View Stats Category: Off-topic
Its been a while since I changed my brakes. This is what greeted me when I finally got the money and time to do it.

closeup:

New pads on bottom, old on top:

It actually started eating at the metal:

Comments

3-06-2005 @ 06:26:31 AM
Posted By : Biohazard Reply | Edit | Del
The "dust" on my wheels actually turned out to be metal flakes. When it rained the next day, this is what happened: http://img213.exs.cx/img213/9080/pdrm0082small3bp.jpg

RUST!!!1!

3-06-2005 @ 06:28:07 AM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
Uh... nice going. Didn't the brake warning light come on?

3-06-2005 @ 06:30:04 AM
Posted By : Biohazard Reply | Edit | Del
Its not like I didnt know that the brakes were worn down. The painful grinding metal noise was a good indicator... I just couldnt afford to fix it. Brembo disk brakes are expensive. Pads for the front and back and rear disks was $185 with shipping.

3-06-2005 @ 06:31:17 AM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
Uh... you knew it... you heard GRINDING noises when braking... *faints*

3-06-2005 @ 06:32:42 AM
Posted By : Biohazard Reply | Edit | Del
What the hell am I supposed to do? Not drive? My front brakes worked fine. Stand alone, they are better than most other car's brakes. They are slotted disks with four piston calipers. If I have no money, I can't buy shit. Even if I need it.

3-06-2005 @ 11:43:10 AM
Posted By : kstagger Reply | Edit | Del
I've driven on grinding brakes for a long time before - on the beater buick... when I finally pulled the wheels off, the rotors were ground down at weird angles and the pads were showing the bolts underneath... heh. Can't recommend it!

3-06-2005 @ 05:15:11 PM
I had the rear brakes on my Brick grinding a couple of years ago. Drove it one more day, then had them replaced.

Server time: Saturday, July 21, 2018 09:54:04 AM