Car: Fpost   By: wannabemustangjockey   Comment: "Here you go. https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/..."
Car: Fpost   By: ricerocketboy   Comment: "Might trade hybrid life for truck life once again ..."
Car: 60226   By: wannabemustangjockey   Comment: "If it was an early C1 it could be dolled up as Fli..."
Car: 60226   By: DiRF   Comment: "Kinda odd to have a St. Louis 'Vette dolled up as ..."
Car: Fpost   By: DiRF   Comment: ""Whoever just told the 747 pilot to eject... that'..."

Submitted by: ricerocketboy
Submitted on: 03-30-2015
Ford Focus SE Ecoboost

Comments

3-22-2016 @ 08:49:17 AM
I must say, Ford's styling department was "in the weeds" there for a little bit... putting massive (mostly fake) front airdam intakes all over the place... then the Aston Martin-influenced Fusion/Mondeo came along and rescued them, aesthetically.

Putting the Fusion/Mondeo grille across the range has drastically improved the looks of their cars. I drove by one of these new Focii recently, and remarked how handsome it actually was, ESPECIALLY compared to the pre-facelift 3rd gen...

3-22-2016 @ 03:50:37 PM
#1, Agreed there. :D I love both fronts, but I like this one a lot more. And as the owner of cars on this platform, I am a strong supporter of this car in general :) Built well, drives nice, great gas mileage, and best of all, distinctive without being ugly.

7-16-2018 @ 12:39:56 AM
And now, they're killing it, but giving us a lifted shitwagon we never asked for. Jim Hackett is a moron, and I'm questioning where former Focus owners who don't want an SUV/Crossover are going to go now. Granted, I looked at an Ecosport, but still.

7-16-2018 @ 12:19:41 PM
If I were shopping in this category, the Hyundai Elantra would pretty much be a slam dunk for me, or Veloster if I wanted a hatchback. Not only have I enjoyed my Hyundai so far, but it seems like the Koreans are almost the only ones building real cars with actual options at the moment.

7-16-2018 @ 02:57:05 PM
#4, Having just come off a vacation where we rented a Hyundai Santa Fe Sport, I was very impressed with the vehicle on long highway jaunts for its comfort and features, and perfectly adequate performance for a naturally aspirated 4-banger hauling an AWD SUV and 3 people abd their luggage. Iíve liked the Elantra since I first drove one in 2011. I suggested my dad cross shop an Elantra Sport turbo 6spd in his quest for a fun practical car to replace the hated 2015 Prius he got from Grandma. The Koreans have really pulled off some nice cars lately.

7-16-2018 @ 06:56:40 PM
#4, No doubt Hyundai/Kia are designing and building mainstream cars with a passion and fervor unseen by the likes of Toyota, Nissan, Chevy, etc in decades.

...and they're paying the unfortunate price. In this crossover-hungry market, their excellent sedans, hatchbacks and sport coupes are just not selling as well.

7-16-2018 @ 07:39:21 PM
Gonna agree with all of this. I *almost* ditched my C-Max for a Sonata earlier this year, but decided I liked the hatchback practicality. I wish the Niro were a bit cheaper, honestly, because that seems to be the only real competitor left. I love those things, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Server time: Thursday, August 16, 2018 02:26:07 PM

Copyright © 2000 - 2018 Ricecop. All rights reserved.