Car: 81412   By: ricerocketboy   Comment: "NSU Prinz too...."
Car: 81412   By: DiRF   Comment: "I can see where you're coming from in regards to t..."
Car: 81412   By: Skid   Comment: "It does bring to mind a two-door version of the la..."
Car: 81412   By: DiRF   Comment: "That is incredibly... British-looking for a BMW......"
Car: 87080   By: Low-Tech Redneck   Comment: "Push down, pull it back, and watch it go right up ..."

Submitted on: 07-23-2006
Vauxhall Vectra VXR

It is among one of the world's fastest accelerating production sedans... no joke.

Though, it does have "catastrophic" understeer... Understeer is usually exagerrated as "Turning the wheel hard over, and the car keeps going straight."... with this car, it is no exagerration.

Comments

7-23-2006 @ 04:40:47 PM
Posted By : Lemming Reply | Edit | Del
I watched the latest Top Gear where Clarkson road tested this thing. Ugh. Seriously sloppy and ponderous.

[Edited by Lemming on 7-23-2006 @ 04:41:03 PM]

7-23-2006 @ 04:47:25 PM
#1, That's the reason I posted this... also the reason I posted 54265

[Edited by DiRF on 7-23-2006 @ 04:47:48 PM]

7-23-2006 @ 04:48:58 PM
Posted By : Lemming Reply | Edit | Del
Ja. I'd gladly drive either of the other two cars they tested, especially the Mazda. This thing, however, looked terrible.

7-23-2006 @ 04:54:12 PM
I do like this season how they're getting in the habit of the hosts seeing if they can "build/modify" vehicles for specific tasks... though, whilst the Caravan Holiday wasn't along those lines, it was still a great piece... I'm guessing that caravan/awning that they were parked next to was just a prop?

7-23-2006 @ 04:55:24 PM
Posted By : solid_snake Reply | Edit | Del
When it burns? Different location.

7-23-2006 @ 05:03:44 PM
Posted By : Lemming Reply | Edit | Del
They were so totally incompetent with that that I can only assume most of their blunders were deliberate. Of course, it was still pretty funny.

7-23-2006 @ 05:11:10 PM
Posted By : solid_snake Reply | Edit | Del
They talk about the scripting on page three.

7-23-2006 @ 06:22:37 PM
Posted By : Sensekhmet Reply | Edit | Del
Undershteer? Nein! Ze computerz will prevent it, ze computerz!!!

7-23-2006 @ 06:51:49 PM
Posted By : Obsidian Reply | Edit | Del
#4, But sometimes it's so see through that it actually ruins the show. I mean they spent most of that episode bitching about caravans when they could have had another review.

On the plus side - I loved it when James pulled out of the gas station and hit the post.

7-23-2006 @ 06:57:12 PM
Posted By : Obsidian Reply | Edit | Del
#9, ALSO - in the episode where they each had to build an anphibious car - who else thought that Richard's Dampervan wasn't going to win anything the instant they first saw it? It was heavy - underpowered - and had little work done to it to make it seaworthy. How could anyone except the writers let stuff like that go if Richard was to take the competiton seriously?

8-17-2009 @ 03:55:59 AM
Looks nice except for the Vauxhall grille. Pretty much any Vauxhall/Opel twin I've seen looks better as an Opel. I really liked the blue Opel Vectra OPC wagon I saw in Germany.

Server time: Thursday, October 19, 2017 02:23:58 PM