Car: 16248   By: Low-Tech Redneck   Comment: "Getting strong "Background car in random Quantum L..."
Car: 96570   By: ricerocketboy   Comment: "The worst part is, all new cars follow the same fo..."
Car: 96558   By: DiRF   Comment: "To be fair, Chevy had some of the prettiest cars a..."
Car: 96558   By: Low-Tech Redneck   Comment: "I always appreciate that one guy who makes it his ..."
Car: 96570   By: DiRF   Comment: "I'd call it more anteater nose, but, yeah... I'm m..."

Submitted by: wannabemustangjockey
Submitted on: 08-23-2010
1947 Cadillac Fleetwood
Interesting how our concept of luxury has changed over the years.

Comments

8-23-2010 @ 03:04:24 AM
Luxury then: Smooth, elegant, soft, and spacious.

Luxury now: Stiff seats, anonymous styling, pretensions of sportiness, and loads of fussy, breakage-prone electronics that do everything but wash your balls for you.

8-23-2010 @ 03:11:41 AM
Posted By : Bling24 Reply | Edit | Del
#1, U MAD?

8-23-2010 @ 03:14:34 AM
#2, Not even mad. Just making one of my routine, casual-yet-caustic observations.

8-23-2010 @ 03:16:22 AM
#1, You have to check the right option package to get your balls washed. And equip the power moonroof and navigation system for an additional $3500.

8-23-2010 @ 03:21:19 AM
Posted By : Bling24 Reply | Edit | Del
Call me weird but I like modern luxury, yes its not DIY friendly or simple but I still like it. I LOVE sunroofs, leather, navigation systems, dual zone climate control premium sound etc. all of it including the douchebag mantra that plague most luxury marques now, hell I like being called a douchebag/asshole etc. and I own up to being one quite proudly.

8-23-2010 @ 03:23:16 AM
#4, But only as part of the "Special Touring Equipment Plus" group, which includes a push-button starter, paddle shifters for the automatic transmission, and "Sport seats" with fake suede alacantara inserts.

8-23-2010 @ 08:08:24 AM
Posted By : 454Nova Reply | Edit | Del
Compare this to a new lincoln towncar... it has the "luxury" you describe and the shitty handling to go along with it.

Oh.. and it's styling hasn't changed significantly in at least 15 years... so it's not anonymous at all.

[Edited by 454Nova on 8-23-2010 @ 08:09:38 AM]

8-23-2010 @ 01:03:02 PM
#7, Didn't they stop selling the Town Car already?

No matter....I admired the Town Car as something of a traditional luxury car. The Cadillac Deville (fuck "DTS," it's a Deville to me) might be a bit closer to what I have in mind, despite being FWD.

8-23-2010 @ 09:39:48 PM