Car: 25569   By: Obsidian   Comment: "It does work if the Holstein Miata is taunting a b..."
Car: 96662   By: Skid   Comment: "Beat to shit, and a V6 model to boot. But I actual..."
Car: 42045   By: DiRF   Comment: "https://i.imgur.com/PwnMf7O.gifv..."
Car: 42045   By: Obsidian   Comment: "Come now - that's just tragic. I would hope the bi..."
Car: 42045   By: Skid   Comment: "Counterpoint: http://imcdb.org/vehicle_113306-Plym..."

Submitted on: 02-18-2018
S15 Silvia

2-19-2018 @ 03:36:09 AM
Awesome :) Random question.. How is FL exempt from the 15-year rule? I have a friend who lives in Miami and he goes to car meets when he can, and each time, he spots a RHD S15, R34, or a CTR. How?

2-19-2018 @ 10:34:36 AM
#1, Apparently, with no safety/emissions inspections, Florida is pretty loosey-goosey with imported/gray-market vehicles... insurance companies, on the other hand...

2-19-2018 @ 11:36:46 AM
I used to see a couple of R32s here about 10 years ago. Oddly enough, now that R32s are pretty much universally legal in the US, I don't see them anymore.

I do still see "minicab" kei trucks, though.

2-19-2018 @ 11:41:42 AM
Posted By : Adambomb Reply | Edit | Del
I've seen a couple.

2-19-2018 @ 04:23:51 PM
California is pretty strict with imports, but my local Craigslist is exploding with 1991-92 Delicas and LiteAces and my friend has seen at least two R32 Skylines roaming the San Jose area now that these things have hit the 25 year point.
There’s a damn Alfa SZ on Craigslist right now that’s here under “show and display”.

2-19-2018 @ 06:22:40 PM
Posted By : Driven_out Reply | Edit | Del
#3, usually those mini trucks are sold in the states as off highway vehicles with speed limiters installed. some states allow ATV use on secondary roads, so they can be legally driven on smaller highways in some states afaik

2-19-2018 @ 07:08:20 PM
#6, Here they just remove the speed limiters and get tags on them.

2-19-2018 @ 10:59:54 PM
The well-heeled car enthusiasts here are importing R32s now, and I've seen a couple GTO and RHD FDs. No "normal" JDM cars yet, but that could change soon. I'm going to Virginia this spring.

Server time: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 04:39:14 PM

Copyright © 2000 - 2018 Ricecop. All rights reserved.