Car: 52718   By: wannabemustangjockey   Comment: "But cottage cheese makes such a nice squishy splat..."
Car: 96548   By: Low-Tech Redneck   Comment: "Village of the Damned Edition, apparently...."
Car: 73521   By: Low-Tech Redneck   Comment: "When this car finally dies, it's coming back from ..."
Car: 52718   By: Low-Tech Redneck   Comment: "It's like a 1:87 scale replica of the Battle of St..."
Car: 51993   By: DiRF   Comment: "Well, congrats to Martin Truex Jr. on his Nascar C..."

Submitted by: Obsidian
Submitted on: 12-28-2003
December 28 2003.

Pre-production 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt coupe in victory red.

Comments

1 2 ]

12-29-2003 @ 02:16:21 PM
Posted By : thirtyseven Reply | Edit | Del
#20, The ONLY socially exceptable one.

12-29-2003 @ 02:16:48 PM
Posted By : Silverbaby Reply | Edit | Del
#21, Ah :)

12-30-2003 @ 02:24:56 PM
Posted By : UFO2020 Reply | Edit | Del
From a Cobalt designer at j-body.org:

Well we are not revealing the actual HP numbers of the 2.0S/C SS because it's still over a year before they will hit showrooms, that's more than enough time for the competition to up the ante, and well...um, we are still tuning it to see just how far we can go. I will say straight out we have an S/C SS test prototype pushing 250hp all day every day right now. That's not to say that is the final numbers but one of the many prototypes running extreme boost right now. But this motor is already U.S. DOT and CAFE approved this is GM Flip not dudley's garage....this is something that's been finished before there even was a Cobalt.

That is not a typo nor a concept car exclusive, the production S/C SS will have optional 18 inch factory wheels, that is set in stone.

12-30-2003 @ 02:31:45 PM
Posted By : SuperDave479 Reply | Edit | Del
#23, Damn I want one of these as a daily driver if it has 250HP. Can you say SRT-4 beater?

12-30-2003 @ 02:33:01 PM
#24, Yea, we can say that, but who knows, there may be more in the works.........

1-03-2004 @ 02:29:02 PM
I can now say the one thing that absolutely doesn't look right about this car.

The trunk is about a foot higher off the ground than the hood.

5-22-2004 @ 09:01:29 PM
Posted By : Blakout420 Reply | Edit | Del
At first glance I actually liked the car, but the more I look at it the uglier it gets. Now I'm to the point of hating it with every bone in my body, so I figure the point of throwing up can't be too far away.

5-22-2004 @ 09:11:51 PM
Posted By : stang392 Reply | Edit | Del
if it had the older Cavy front I think it would look pretty damn good, but thats me

5-22-2004 @ 09:17:05 PM
Posted By : Blakout420 Reply | Edit | Del
After staring at it some more, here's my further analysis:
None of the individual parts of the car look bad, but to me none of them look like they go together very good. The back of the roofline looks pretty good, makes the car look like it's gonna be sleek and cool looking, but then the windshield line just looks goofy. I don't like the front end of the car, it just doesn't flow with the rest of it, and the back end is way too tall IMO. From this angle the wing doesn't look like it fits the car very good, looks a little too small, and the taillights just seem stuck in there to try and look cool.

That's just my opinions, feel free to ignore them.

4-02-2006 @ 05:15:29 AM
Posted By : Altima35se2003 Reply | Edit | Del
#29, posting in a post cobalt world:

200 SC HP
A coupe with Sedan lights would be best
SS's with the LS wing or no wing look better
it was 19 inch wheels in chrome or gunmetal. gunmetal is hot!
Interior is fucking great
One can escape the woodgrain with a fully loaded LS (no chrome door handles or woodgrain)
The new base ecotec (2003 plus Cav's too) is a huge improvement
Cobalt = >>>>>>>>>>>>>cavalier

[Edited by Altima35se2003 on 4-02-2006 @ 05:15:50 AM]

10-20-2014 @ 04:15:59 AM
I'm starting to see rusty ones now. :O

1 2 ]