Car: 96235   By: Adambomb   Comment: "Well that's shit...."
Car: 33716   By: Skid   Comment: "One of the top comments: "Wiseau serious?" I'm d..."
Car: 33716   By: wannabemustangjockey   Comment: "...And introducing Tommy Wiseau as the Joker https..."
Car: 42045   By: DiRF   Comment: "I still never understood why no 3rd party supplier..."
Car: 96657   By: Skid   Comment: "Definitely looks like a third gen under there...."

Submitted on: 02-02-2006
Finally! Updated pictures of my car! ^_^

1 2 3 ]

2-02-2006 @ 01:35:27 PM
I chose this angle since it doesn't hide any of the car's flaws. This is it in its gory detail.

2-02-2006 @ 02:17:34 PM
Posted By : Adambomb Reply | Edit | Del
I like the roof. Makes it look like it has a fabric sunroof.

2-02-2006 @ 02:22:50 PM
#2, It's just spray paint.

...and I think I know why one of the previous owners did it... after looking at images of other Mirage coupes the same generation as mine, they have a REAL bad problem with the roofs rusting.

2-02-2006 @ 02:28:24 PM
Posted By : Adambomb Reply | Edit | Del
#3, Especially in Florida I bet, with the sun and salt air.

2-02-2006 @ 03:47:21 PM
doesn't near look as bad I thought. It actually still looks pretty good for an 11 year old car.

2-02-2006 @ 03:58:08 PM
Posted By : Disrupture Reply | Edit | Del
#5, My 11 years old car that's been through Canadian winters : http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b...re/volvo850.jpg

2-02-2006 @ 09:17:52 PM
Posted By : Muntz05 Reply | Edit | Del
My car is 11 years old and I think it looks really good

2-02-2006 @ 09:20:35 PM
Yeah, rrb was basically trying to suck up to me... I know my car looks like crap. I'm OK with it. This picture doesn't really belie it, but my car is riddled with dents like a golf ball... you can KINDA see it in the rear 3/4 shot. My car did not see a good group of drivers before it came to me. I kinda feel sorry for it :(

But I treat it right, other than not washing it.

2-02-2006 @ 09:23:02 PM
Posted By : Lemming Reply | Edit | Del
What happened to the area over the driver's side headlight? Looks like it's down to primer.

2-02-2006 @ 09:24:01 PM
#8, What does "suck up" mean? Meh. I don't wash my truck all that often, mainly because I am often out of money. I never knew the roof had been spray painted either. That does suck, and hopefully it doesnt induce rusting. I do like your car though. Hell, I have been wanting a car that gets good mileage lately. 13 MPG isn't very fun in the cities.

2-02-2006 @ 09:27:30 PM
#9, No fucking clue. It's been like that since I bought it... only, it was barely distinguishable from the normal paint when I first got it, and when you snapped pictures of it... it has just progressively gotten worse. When I bought the car, the guy said the hood had been damaged, and he had been working it over with a dead-blow hammer to get it back in shape... that could be the reason.

2-02-2006 @ 09:28:56 PM
no rust that I can see. That's good. The truck's bumper is rusty because of small dings being exposed to rain/snow etc. It sucks because it won't fit in our garage.

2-02-2006 @ 09:31:52 PM
Posted By : Lemming Reply | Edit | Del
#11, Probably either damaged the clearcoat, or knocked it off entirely. Because of the way red paint absorbs sunlight, it tends to be really bad for oxidation, so I imagine nature just sort of took over from there.

2-02-2006 @ 09:35:40 PM
#12, The roof is loaded with rust... the krylon-touch paintjob on the roof has kept it at bay...but also hides a lot of the rust too.

2-03-2006 @ 12:49:42 AM
Posted By : Disrupture Reply | Edit | Del
#14, I can see that.. looks like the 1987 Sentra I had..

2-03-2006 @ 03:36:54 PM
#14, Sucks. By "at bay" do you mean "in shape" or what? At least it hides the rust. What's the gas mileage on this thing?

2-03-2006 @ 04:00:05 PM
#16, I mean, it offers some prevention of rust, but not completely. The gas mileage has been around 26mpg... a bit less now that I'm doing more highway driving (I really really wish I had a goddamn overdrive gear on this thing)

2-03-2006 @ 04:11:21 PM
#17, Ah. I figured the gas mileage would be in the 30s or better. I take it's a 4 spd auto then?

2-03-2006 @ 04:18:59 PM
#18, I think it's a 3-speed. ...and the car is also eating oil... it's not leaking it, and the exhaust smoke isn't even the slightest shade of blue... no idea where the oil's going, but I have to add a quart about every other month... of course, I get the oil changed every 3000 miles, but I don't drive enough for my car to rack up those miles in less than probably 5 or 6 months.

2-03-2006 @ 04:22:33 PM
#19, could it be that it's sitting in the bottom of the oil pan? Or could it be building up sludge throught the head/header and other parts of the engine?

1 2 3 ]