Car: 96235   By: Adambomb   Comment: "Well that's shit...."
Car: 33716   By: Skid   Comment: "One of the top comments: "Wiseau serious?" I'm d..."
Car: 33716   By: wannabemustangjockey   Comment: "...And introducing Tommy Wiseau as the Joker https..."
Car: 42045   By: DiRF   Comment: "I still never understood why no 3rd party supplier..."
Car: 96657   By: Skid   Comment: "Definitely looks like a third gen under there...."

This image has expired.

Final Stats:

Total Votes 269
Average Score 2.90
Verdict Not Rice

Submitted by: TinIndian
Submitted on: 08-12-2002
1971 Valiant Charger R/T (I know Valiant was Plymouth and Charger was Dodge, don't
ask me what this is). Now here's one for the Mopar fans, the site says 265/280 Hemi. Is
that a 265 Hemi w/ 280hp? I don't know many Mopar engines.

8-12-2002 @ 10:15:01 AM
Posted By : TinIndian Reply | Edit | Del
Any Mopar fans around? Or at least somebody who knows more about them than I do?

8-12-2002 @ 10:16:39 AM
Posted By : Jurrell Reply | Edit | Del
I think Moparguy is a mopar fan, but I don't know when he was on last

8-12-2002 @ 10:18:25 AM
Posted By : Jon Reply | Edit | Del
Looks Aussie, I love Mopars but dont know about 265/280

8-12-2002 @ 10:21:21 AM
Posted By : TinIndian Reply | Edit | Del
#3 and it's a Hemi, so I'm intruiged. Jurrell, I hope he's a Mopar fan.=)

8-12-2002 @ 10:22:23 AM
Posted By : Jon Reply | Edit | Del
Its probably displacement then output, I know those hemis could push more than 1hp/1c.i.

8-12-2002 @ 10:24:42 AM
Posted By : cuda_man Reply | Edit | Del
this is an Aussie Charger. it had a Hemi inline 6. 1/4 on this car was low 14s. it was the fastest 6 in the world for a pretty long time

8-12-2002 @ 10:24:51 AM
Posted By : cams116 Reply | Edit | Del
Aussie charger. Valiant being the aussie part of dodge etc. Much like holden is to GM. The 265/280 more so the 265 was a very powerful engine it was a inline 6cyl and not only did they have the hemi going for them they also had some with triple carbs. Pretty much a race engine in a production car. These engines at the time were the most powerful 6cyls in the world.

8-12-2002 @ 10:27:53 AM
Posted By : TinIndian Reply | Edit | Del
#6, #7 Thanx guys. Sounds damn impressive. Tri-carbs? That's 2cyl. per carb! That's nuts!! I want one!! And it's a Hemi?! Damn. Pontiac's my drug of choice, but I'd never turn down a Mopar. Very, very cool.

8-12-2002 @ 10:30:12 AM
Posted By : cams116 Reply | Edit | Del
Well at the time V8s were sort of pushed to the side in the way of ligher cars with smaller engines. So we had about 3 different cars with triple carb set ups stock. The holden XU1 torana being the other main one.

8-12-2002 @ 10:31:51 AM
Posted By : cuda_man Reply | Edit | Del
I would love to have a Hemi 6 in my 73 Duster :-)

8-12-2002 @ 10:34:08 AM
Posted By : cams116 Reply | Edit | Del
The torque from them was amazing. Most people say stuff the 360 the 6cyl got more get up and go. But obvously the 360 has way more potential.

8-12-2002 @ 10:35:25 AM
Posted By : TinIndian Reply | Edit | Del
Here's some trivia, did Pontiac come out with the Tri-Power before Mopar hit the scene with the Six-Pack? I think Tri-Power was '58.

8-12-2002 @ 11:27:42 AM
It's kinda funny because the "valiant" was the name of a mid sized econobox from Plymouth in the late 60's early 70's, to see the name on somthing with power is worth a chuckle

1-22-2003 @ 06:37:06 AM
Posted By : Sonicman Reply | Edit | Del
mmm hemi 6 :)
valiant charger e49 was the fastest car produced by an aussie company until recently
only the GTHO phase III could keep up with the E49 charger